Russell Brand: Kanye West "Made a Mistake" at VMAsRelated: Kanye West, Taylor Swift, Russell Brand
- Photo: Ian Lawrence/Splash News1 of 7
- Photo: Splash News2 of 7
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.3 of 7
- Photo: RD / Kabik/Retna Digital4 of 7
- Photo: Carlos Costas/Pacific Coast News5 of 7
- Photo: Kaminski/Splash News6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Thompson, Fantagraphics co-publisher, dies at 56MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 4:30:39 PM
- 'Hemlock Grove' Renewed for Season 2MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 4:19:55 PM
- Kelsey Grammer, Martin Lawrence Land Lawyer Comedy at FX MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 3:51:37 PM
- Music Journalist Chet Flippo Dead at 69MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 3:26:04 PM
- Owen Wilson and Woody Harrelson Go Back In Time in 'Free Bird's Trailer (Video)MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 3:01:15 PM
- Thompson, Fantagraphics co-publisher, dies at 56
"You can't make a pretty girl cry," he said on Ryan Seacrest's KIIS-FM radio show Monday.
Sources tell Usmagazine.com that Swift, 19, got teary after West, 32, stormed on stage and rudely interrupted her Best Female Video acceptance speech during Sunday's show, insisting that Beyonce deserved to win.
Was West out of line?
Brand tried to empathize with the rapper, telling Seacrest that "in the past I've made mistakes."
"I think he's already apologized, hasn't he?" he added. "Beyonce is great, and I think he wanted to make a point about her."
Still, he added, "Taylor Swift's a young kid ... she's a young girl."
Brand — who insisted West is a "nice bloke" — said he hopes people won't make too much of a fuss over the whole thing.
"We're just people; we all do things that are a bit silly sometimes," he said. "Calm down; no one died."
More on Wonderwall:
More on Usmagazine.com:
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite