Russell Brand reveals he has a girlfriend: 'I'm in a relationship at the moment'
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/Invision/AP1 of 11
- Photo: JRAA/ZDS/WENN2 of 11
- Photo: V Labissiere/Splash News3 of 11
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Wonderwall4 of 11
- Photo: LRR/FAMEFLYNET PICTURES/Fame Flynet5 of 11
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP6 of 11
- Photo: FameFlynetUK/FAMEFLYNET PICTURES/Wonderwall7 of 11
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/Invision/AP8 of 11
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/Invision/AP9 of 11
- Photo: LRR/Fame Flynet10 of 11
More Celeb News
- ESPN Suspends Stephen A. Smith Over Domestic Violence RemarksMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 1:59:00 PM
- FCC Takes Aim at Time Warner Cable in Dodgers DisputeMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 1:50:00 PM
- CW's Arrow Finds Its Wildcat in J.R. RamirezMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 1:40:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Loses $15.4 Million in Its Latest QuarterMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 1:12:00 PM
- FXX's 'The League' Gets Season 6 Premiere DateMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 12:59:00 PM
- ESPN Suspends Stephen A. Smith Over Domestic Violence Remarks
Who's the lucky lady, Russell? During a conversation with HuffPost UK on the night of Nov. 4, British comedian Russell Brand revealed that he's once again off the market -- though he kept his new love's identity a secret.
"I'm in a relationship at the moment," the 38-year-old star shared. Later, as he was leaving, he added, "I'm off to see my girlfriend."
The "Get Him to the Greek" actor was most recently linked with Hugh Grant's ex Jemima Khan. In an op-ed for The Guardian in September, he wrote that he was "presently beleagured by a nerdish, whirling dervish" and was "eschewing all others" to be with her. Two weeks later, however, he said during a stand-up show that he was "currently single."
Prior to dating Khan, of course, Brand was married to Katy Perry from 2010 to 2012. She recently opened up about their divorce in an interview with the U.K.'s Sunday Times, telling the paper she "was in bed for about two weeks" after their split.
"I was pretty f--ked, yes. It hurt a lot -- I got a good knock," the "Roar" singer admitted, likening the emotional beating she took to getting "punched in the face and kicked down the stairs a couple of times."
Both she and her ex have since moved on -- Perry is in a relationship with John Mayer -- but Brand has a few other lady troubles to work out now. Questioned by HuffPost UK about the perception that he's a misogynist, the outspoken Brit admitted he wasn't the best person to ask.
"I don't think I am sexist," he told the audience. "But now I remember my grandmother. My grandmother was the loveliest person I've ever known, but she was racist! And I don't think she knew!"
"I don't know if I have some cultural hangover. I certainly don't want to be a sexist. I certainly don't want to judge anybody on the basis of stuff that they can't help, or stuff that they can help, to be honest. I don't think it's my position to judge," he explained. "I know that I have a great love of proletariat linguistics, like 'darling' and 'bird'...so if women think I'm sexist, they're in a better position to judge than I am, so I'll work on that."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTerrible Trends
From Crowd Ignite