Russell Brand still battles drug cravings
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage1 of 16
- Photo: Awais/PacificCoastNews.com2 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage3 of 16
- Photo: GUDA KAZA/GSI4 of 16
- Photo: PMB/ZOJ/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: BIAG/GSI6 of 16
- Photo: BIAG/GSI7 of 16
- Photo: Daniel Tanner/WENN8 of 16
- Photo: Todd Williamson/Invision/AP9 of 16
- Photo: Lisa Rose/Viacom/Promotional10 of 16
- Photo: MYB/ZOB/ZDS/WENN11 of 16
- Photo: @rustyrockets/Twitter12 of 16
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage13 of 16
- Photo: PMB/ZOJ/WENN14 of 16
- Photo: PMB/ZOJ/WENN15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Netflix Makes Deal With AT&T to Speed Up Its VideosMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:42:00 PM
- TV Presidents Kevin Spacey, Julia Louis Dreyfus Tangle With 'Fargo's' BilMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:40:00 PM
- NBC's 'Aquarius' Books 'The Originals' Alum Claire HoltMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:28:00 PM
- Peter Capaldi's 'Doctor Who' Will Be Darker and 'a Lot Less PatiMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:12:00 PM
- 'The Simpsons' Producer James L. Brooks Signs With WMEMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Netflix Makes Deal With AT&T to Speed Up Its Videos
Russell Brand would rather be a drug addict than a famous comedian and actor.
RELATED: Reformed Celeb Bad Boys
The funnyman, who previously battled drug addiction, made the shock confession while filming BBC Three documentary "Russell Brand: From Addiction to Recovery," due to air in the U.K. this month.
In a clip obtained by Britain's The Sun newspaper, Brand watches a recording of himself smoking heroin in a small apartment in London and, despite being clean from drugs for 10 years, the star admits he still has cravings and sometimes wishes he could give up his current life in favor of how he lived in his 20s.
In the documentary, he says, "This is when you know it's a disease. It doesn't matter that I was sat in that flat in Hackney and now I'm in the Savoy (Hotel). I'm jealous of me then. It doesn't make a difference to me. The money, the fame, the power, the sex, the women -- none of it. I'd rather be a drug addict."
However, Brand insists he is well aware of the negative impact the toxic substances had on him and his loved ones.
He adds, "Heroin is a greedy drug, it'll take everything. First it'll take your money. Then it'll take your friends, your family, your car, your house. Then it's going to take bits of your body. In the end I used to be scoring with people that had eyes missing, limbs missing. You'll take it until it takes your life. It'll take everything until the last thing and you'll gladly give it that rather than give up the drugs."
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Ben's Big Night
Ben Affleck wins an Oscar -- and joins Instagram! -- and more celeb news on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Kourtney Kardashian talks about Kim's wedding. Will Mason be the ring bearer?Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBye Baby Bump
From Crowd Ignite