Ryan Gosling played spin the bottle with Britney Spears
- Photo: Rex USA1 of 12
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP2 of 12
- Photo: FRIOLO, KIDO/NPG3 of 12
- Photo: MaxNY/Spartano/Fame Flynet4 of 12
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage5 of 12
- Photo: Pacific Coast News6 of 12
- Photo: Fame Flynet7 of 12
- Photo: RAAK STFN/GSI8 of 12
- Photo: Fame Flynet9 of 12
- Photo: Fame Flynet10 of 12
- Photo: Fame Flynet11 of 12
More Celeb News
- Meg Ryan Joins the Cast of How I Met Your DadMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 4:47:00 PM
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus Gets It On with a Clown—On Camera—for GQMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Exclusive: Royal Pains Adds Alpha House Alum for Mysterious Recurring RoleMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 2:31:00 PM
- Apple Revenue Climbs to $45.6 Billion Thanks to Strong iPhone SalesMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 1:49:00 PM
- WWE's Stone Cold Steve Austin Slams 'Motherfkers' Who Don't AgreMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 1:03:00 PM
- Meg Ryan Joins the Cast of How I Met Your Dad
Before their romances were splashed all over the tabloids, Ryan Gosling and Britney Spears were just two kids singing songs for the "Mickey Mouse Club." But, as kids do, Gosling did admit that he got into a bit mischief with his neighbor and co-star, and sometimes that led to kissing.
Referring to the former "X Factor" judge as his "girl next door," the "Place Beyond the Pines" star told U.K.'s Sunday Times Style magazine of meeting Spears at age 12, "Britney was a sweetheart. She lived right above me, the girl next door. The little girl I used to play basketball and spin the bottle with."
As we all know, Spears, 31, soon moved on to another "Mickey Mouse Club" member, Justin Timberlake, whom she dated from 1999 to 2002. Gosling, 32, said of keeping in touch with his MMC pals, "Not really. I mean, sometimes you are at the same event, but it's a lot like I imagine what it's like to run into someone from elementary school."
Regarding the talent that came out of the Disney show (i.e., Christina Aguilera, Keri Russell, Spears, Gosling, Timberlake), Gosling says, "It is remarkable, but it isn't, in a way. Now you have the 'X Factor' and all that stuff, but back then it wasn't around. You give these kids an unparalleled work ethic which is why you see the difference between 'NSYNC and those other bands, and between Britney and Christina and the other girls."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, David Beckham, Justin Bieber and 50 Cent show off their globe-trotting travels on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
Better with age
See which stars just get better with age.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek in Photos
From Crowd Ignite