Ryan Gosling played spin the bottle with Britney Spears
- Photo: Rex USA1 of 12
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP2 of 12
- Photo: FRIOLO, KIDO/NPG3 of 12
- Photo: MaxNY/Spartano/Fame Flynet4 of 12
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage5 of 12
- Photo: Pacific Coast News6 of 12
- Photo: Fame Flynet7 of 12
- Photo: RAAK STFN/GSI8 of 12
- Photo: Fame Flynet9 of 12
- Photo: Fame Flynet10 of 12
- Photo: Fame Flynet11 of 12
More Celeb News
- R. Kelly Performs Song He Wrote for Nelson Mandela on 'Arsenio' (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 5:09:35 PM
- 'The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug' Review: Peter Jackson's Second VersMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 5:03:45 PM
- Fox Sports 1 Scores Best Ratings Week Since August LaunchMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 4:44:04 PM
- New York Post Settles Racial and Sexual Discrimination LawsuitMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 4:30:51 PM
- 'American Hustle' Cast To Be Honored by Palm Springs FestMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 4:20:58 PM
- R. Kelly Performs Song He Wrote for Nelson Mandela on 'Arsenio' (Video)
Before their romances were splashed all over the tabloids, Ryan Gosling and Britney Spears were just two kids singing songs for the "Mickey Mouse Club." But, as kids do, Gosling did admit that he got into a bit mischief with his neighbor and co-star, and sometimes that led to kissing.
Referring to the former "X Factor" judge as his "girl next door," the "Place Beyond the Pines" star told U.K.'s Sunday Times Style magazine of meeting Spears at age 12, "Britney was a sweetheart. She lived right above me, the girl next door. The little girl I used to play basketball and spin the bottle with."
As we all know, Spears, 31, soon moved on to another "Mickey Mouse Club" member, Justin Timberlake, whom she dated from 1999 to 2002. Gosling, 32, said of keeping in touch with his MMC pals, "Not really. I mean, sometimes you are at the same event, but it's a lot like I imagine what it's like to run into someone from elementary school."
Regarding the talent that came out of the Disney show (i.e., Christina Aguilera, Keri Russell, Spears, Gosling, Timberlake), Gosling says, "It is remarkable, but it isn't, in a way. Now you have the 'X Factor' and all that stuff, but back then it wasn't around. You give these kids an unparalleled work ethic which is why you see the difference between 'NSYNC and those other bands, and between Britney and Christina and the other girls."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Carrie Underwood tweets about her "Sound of Music" experience on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
Girls Night Out
It's a girls night out for celebs like Jennifer Lopez, Khloe Kardashian, Leah Remini, Brooklyn Decker, and more on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTCheap Jewelry
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite