Ryan Gosling played spin the bottle with Britney Spears
- Photo: Rex USA1 of 12
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP2 of 12
- Photo: FRIOLO, KIDO/NPG3 of 12
- Photo: MaxNY/Spartano/Fame Flynet4 of 12
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage5 of 12
- Photo: Pacific Coast News6 of 12
- Photo: Fame Flynet7 of 12
- Photo: RAAK STFN/GSI8 of 12
- Photo: Fame Flynet9 of 12
- Photo: Fame Flynet10 of 12
- Photo: Fame Flynet11 of 12
More Celeb News
- Orange Is the New Black Stars Debate Whether Bennett Deserves to Go To PrisonMSNEntertainment 7/11/2014 8:28:00 AM
- George Clooney Will Never 'Accept' an Apology From the Daily Mail 'the WMSNEntertainment 7/11/2014 7:44:00 AM
- 'Dawn of the Planet of the Apes' Rises to $4.1 Million at Thursday Night Box OfficMSNEntertainment 7/11/2014 7:11:00 AM
- Weekend TV: FX's Creepy Strain, Return of Ray Donovan and Masters of SexMSNEntertainment 7/11/2014 6:54:00 AM
- Why Hollywood Producers and Labor Guilds Chose Peace Instead of WarMSNEntertainment 7/11/2014 6:00:00 AM
- Orange Is the New Black Stars Debate Whether Bennett Deserves to Go To Prison
Before their romances were splashed all over the tabloids, Ryan Gosling and Britney Spears were just two kids singing songs for the "Mickey Mouse Club." But, as kids do, Gosling did admit that he got into a bit mischief with his neighbor and co-star, and sometimes that led to kissing.
Referring to the former "X Factor" judge as his "girl next door," the "Place Beyond the Pines" star told U.K.'s Sunday Times Style magazine of meeting Spears at age 12, "Britney was a sweetheart. She lived right above me, the girl next door. The little girl I used to play basketball and spin the bottle with."
As we all know, Spears, 31, soon moved on to another "Mickey Mouse Club" member, Justin Timberlake, whom she dated from 1999 to 2002. Gosling, 32, said of keeping in touch with his MMC pals, "Not really. I mean, sometimes you are at the same event, but it's a lot like I imagine what it's like to run into someone from elementary school."
Regarding the talent that came out of the Disney show (i.e., Christina Aguilera, Keri Russell, Spears, Gosling, Timberlake), Gosling says, "It is remarkable, but it isn't, in a way. Now you have the 'X Factor' and all that stuff, but back then it wasn't around. You give these kids an unparalleled work ethic which is why you see the difference between 'NSYNC and those other bands, and between Britney and Christina and the other girls."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Reese Witherspoon shares photos of her burgeoning friendship with Sofia Vergara on Instagram on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Rihanna shows her softer, sweeter side -- plus a newfound maternal instinct! -- on Twitter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See some of the many revealing looks that Kim Kardashian has donned recently.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of the cutest celeb baby bumps hitting the beach this summer.Watch Video »
From Benji Madden and Cameron Diaz to Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon, take a look at some of Hollywood's strangest couples.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTStill Peeved
From Crowd Ignite