Ryan Gosling stands up for cows to milk producers
- Photo: Fame Flynet1 of 8
- Photo: MaxNY/Spartano/Fame Flynet2 of 8
- Photo: C. Smith/WENN3 of 8
- Photo: FRIOLO, KIDO/NPG4 of 8
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP5 of 8
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage6 of 8
- Photo: Pacific Coast News7 of 8
More Celeb News
- AMC Orders Martial Arts Drama 'Badlands' Straight to SeriesMSNEntertainment 7/11/2014 4:36:00 PM
- 'The Chair' Producer Zachary Quinto Talks 'Skepticism' About UnsMSNEntertainment 7/11/2014 4:19:00 PM
- LeBron James' Absence Demands Explanation During Starz's 'Survivor&apMSNEntertainment 7/11/2014 4:15:00 PM
- Megan Ellison Nearing Deal to Co-Finance Leonardo DiCaprio Thriller 'The Revenant'MSNEntertainment 7/11/2014 3:52:00 PM
- Yahoo Acquires Mobile Streaming Start-up RayVMSNEntertainment 7/11/2014 3:48:00 PM
- AMC Orders Martial Arts Drama 'Badlands' Straight to Series
The Associated Press
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- He's not milking his fame, but Ryan Gosling is lending his name to the cause of cows.
RELATED: Insured celeb body parts
The 32-year-old actor sent a letter this week to the National Milk Producers Federation urging the group to advocate against the industry practice of removing calves' horns. He asks that they help stop what he calls a "barbaric practice" by requiring farmers to breed naturally hornless cattle.
The letter was released Wednesday by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals. Gosling has worked with the group before in its campaign urging KFC to adopt more humane methods of slaughtering chickens.
A spokesman from the National Milk Producers Federation said Wednesday that cows' horns are dangerous and de-horning reduces injuries to both cows and people.
RELATED: Best off-season beach bodies
See some of the many revealing looks that Kim Kardashian has donned recently.Watch Video »
See some of Duchess Kate's most budget-friendly fashion items.Watch Video »
January Jones, Paris Hilton, and Toni Collette all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
See how Angelina Jolie's looks have changed over the years.Watch Video »
Kristen Stewart, Kate Hudson, and Jennifer Lopez all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See where the cast of "Full House" is today.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWedding Demands
From Crowd Ignite