Ryan Gosling stands up for cows to milk producers
- Photo: Fame Flynet1 of 8
- Photo: MaxNY/Spartano/Fame Flynet2 of 8
- Photo: C. Smith/WENN3 of 8
- Photo: FRIOLO, KIDO/NPG4 of 8
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP5 of 8
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage6 of 8
- Photo: Pacific Coast News7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Investigating Veronica Mars: Creator Rob Thomas on the Show's Enduring Legacy 10 Years LateMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:32:00 PM
- 8 Crazy Things to Expect on Sleepy Hollow Season 2MSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:32:00 PM
- Emmy Winner and Singer Polly Bergen Dies at 84MSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:22:00 PM
- Kim Kardashian Among the Latest Targeted in Nude Photo LeakMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:22:00 PM
- U2 guitarist gets boost in bid for Malibu mansionsMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 2:26:14 PM
- Investigating Veronica Mars: Creator Rob Thomas on the Show's Enduring Legacy 10 Years Late
The Associated Press
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- He's not milking his fame, but Ryan Gosling is lending his name to the cause of cows.
RELATED: Insured celeb body parts
The 32-year-old actor sent a letter this week to the National Milk Producers Federation urging the group to advocate against the industry practice of removing calves' horns. He asks that they help stop what he calls a "barbaric practice" by requiring farmers to breed naturally hornless cattle.
The letter was released Wednesday by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals. Gosling has worked with the group before in its campaign urging KFC to adopt more humane methods of slaughtering chickens.
A spokesman from the National Milk Producers Federation said Wednesday that cows' horns are dangerous and de-horning reduces injuries to both cows and people.
RELATED: Best off-season beach bodies
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Gisele Bundchen, Alessandra Ambrosio and more models share sweet snaps with their kids, hosted by Wonderwall correspondent Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Cara Delevingne, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
All Grown Up
Nick Jonas reveals how he celebrated his 22nd birthday on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTJLaw at iHeart
From Crowd Ignite