Ryan O'Neal Diagnosed With Cancer
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/AP1 of 17
- Photo: AP2 of 17
- Photo: Gary Lewis/Retna Digital3 of 17
- Photo: AP4 of 17
- Photo: Splash News5 of 17
- Photo: Ray Stubblebine/AP6 of 17
- Photo: Matt Rourke/AP7 of 17
- Photo: AP8 of 17
- Photo: Kirkland/Retna Ltd.9 of 17
- Photo: Katy Winn/AP10 of 17
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/AP11 of 17
- Photo: AFF/Retna Ltd.12 of 17
- Photo: © Kiley Bishop / Retna Ltd./Retna Ltd.13 of 17
- Photo: Leslie Bennetts/Vanity Fair14 of 17
- Photo: Splash News15 of 17
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Digital16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Does the Kardashian-Spawned 'American Psycho' Spoof Keep Up With the Original? (ViMSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 1:12:43 PM
- Could the Future of Legendary TV Be on Netflix?MSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 12:43:41 PM
- As Music-Competition Shows Slide, What Does It Take to Make a Hit?MSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 12:37:01 PM
- Russell Brand Shows MSNBC Anchors How to Do Their Job (Video)MSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 12:27:33 PM
- 'The Impossible' Director Juan Antonio Bayona to Direct Showtime's &aMSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 12:21:52 PM
- Does the Kardashian-Spawned 'American Psycho' Spoof Keep Up With the Original? (Vi
Nearly three years after losing his longtime partner Farrah Fawcett to cancer, Ryan O'Neal reveals he has recently been diagnosed with a strain of the disease.
RELATED: Celeb Breast Cancer Survivors
"Recently I was diagnosed with stage 4 prostate cancer," O'Neal tells People in a statement.
"Although I was shocked and stunned by the news, I feel fortunate that it was detected early and according to my extraordinary team of doctors the prognosis is positive for a full recovery, I am deeply grateful for the support of my friends and family during this time, and I urge everyone to get regular check-ups, as early detection is the best defense against this horrible disease that has afflicted so many."
O'Neal, 70, was diagnosed and treated once before for leukemia, a disease he was able to overcome in the late nineties.
Related from ET:
- Michelle Williams and Jason Segel are moving on!
- Wedding bells and baby rattles for Jennifer Love H
- Gisele Bundchen's bikini bod after baby
- Kim Kardashian's Last Trip to Paris Before Baby
- Prince Harry's scandal-free trip to the US
- Miley and Liam: Engagement Intervention?
- The Kardashians Luxurious Greek Getaway
- Will Sharon and Ozzy’s marriage survive his addiction issues?
- Why does Bradley Cooper live with his mom?
- Jessica Alba and Nicole Richie's Hot Caribbean Vacation
- Heidi Klum's Dramatic Beach Rescue
- Is Hayden Panettiere Secretly Engaged?
- Is Lindsay Lohan Ready to Clean Up Her Life?
- Are Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Over?
- Is Duchess Kate Expecting a Daughter?
Two months after major marital problems, Ozzy and Sharon do a Hollywood date night on Celebs gone Social.Watch Video »
See how this former Calvin Klein model's looks have changed over the years.Watch Video »
Demi Lovato drops some major newborn scoop about Selena Gomez's family on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
See how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
Star Inspired Ink
From Ryan Cabrera to Megan Fox, see celebs who've gotten tattoos of other stars.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite