Ryan O'Neal headed to court over Farrah painting
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: Jacquelyn Martin/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP3 of 16
- Photo: ABC/WENN4 of 16
- Photo: Promotional5 of 16
- Photo: The Andy Warhol Foundation Inc./Promotional6 of 16
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.7 of 16
- Photo: Armando Gallo/Retna Ltd.8 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP9 of 16
- Photo: Alan Berliner/BEImages/Rex USA10 of 16
- Photo: JuanSharma/Bruja/Pacific Coast News11 of 16
- Photo: Matt Rourke/Invision/AP12 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP13 of 16
- Photo: Kirkland/Retna Ltd.14 of 16
- Photo: Katy Winn/Invision/AP15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Sam Raimi Writing 'Evil Dead' TV Series That Will Include Bruce CampbellMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 10:36:00 PM
- BuzzFeed Fires Writer Over Multiple Instances of PlagiarismMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 9:31:00 PM
- Fox at Comic-Con: James Bond Is Whack, We're Making Movies With Balls (and Jokes)MSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 7:26:00 PM
- Sleepy Hollow Season 2: Is Ichabod a Gleek? MSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 7:21:00 PM
- Jenny McCarthy Pens Op-Ed, Regrets Hillary Clinton Lesbian CommentMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 6:55:00 PM
- Sam Raimi Writing 'Evil Dead' TV Series That Will Include Bruce Campbell
Ryan O'Neal is heading to court to do battle over an Andy Warhol portrait of his late partner Farrah Fawcett after a judge rejected the actor's bid to dismiss the lawsuit against him.
Officials at the University of Texas claim the silkscreen, which is valued at around $30 million, is rightfully theirs after the "Charlie's Angels" star reportedly left her entire art collection to the institution following her death in 2009.
The piece is one of two Fawcett portraits by Warhol -- one is hanging in the university's gallery, while O'Neal claims the disputed picture was given to him by the artist, who was a close friend.
RELATED: Hottest Action Stars
University officials filed suit against the star and the case went to court in Los Angeles this week. On Wednesday, Superior Court judge Maureen Duff-Lewis rejected O'Neal's motion to dismiss and she ordered the case to go to trial next month, according to Celebuzz.com.
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSexy Sweeties
From Crowd Ignite