Ryan O'Neal headed to court over Farrah painting
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: Jacquelyn Martin/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP3 of 16
- Photo: ABC/WENN4 of 16
- Photo: Promotional5 of 16
- Photo: The Andy Warhol Foundation Inc./Promotional6 of 16
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.7 of 16
- Photo: Armando Gallo/Retna Ltd.8 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP9 of 16
- Photo: Alan Berliner/BEImages/Rex USA10 of 16
- Photo: JuanSharma/Bruja/Pacific Coast News11 of 16
- Photo: Matt Rourke/Invision/AP12 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP13 of 16
- Photo: Kirkland/Retna Ltd.14 of 16
- Photo: Katy Winn/Invision/AP15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Conde Nast Media Group Names Vanity Fair Publisher Edward Menicheschi CMO and PresidentMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 7:09:00 AM
- James Foley Death Exposes Secret Ransoms to Free Captured JournalistsMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 7:02:00 AM
- TheWrap's 'Breaking Bold' Emmy Predictions: Who Will Win? Who Should WinMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 6:53:00 AM
- Thursday TV: Rectify Finale, Simpsons MarathonMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 6:36:00 AM
- 'The View' Gets New Logo and Set for New SeasonMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 6:19:00 AM
- Conde Nast Media Group Names Vanity Fair Publisher Edward Menicheschi CMO and President
Ryan O'Neal is heading to court to do battle over an Andy Warhol portrait of his late partner Farrah Fawcett after a judge rejected the actor's bid to dismiss the lawsuit against him.
Officials at the University of Texas claim the silkscreen, which is valued at around $30 million, is rightfully theirs after the "Charlie's Angels" star reportedly left her entire art collection to the institution following her death in 2009.
The piece is one of two Fawcett portraits by Warhol -- one is hanging in the university's gallery, while O'Neal claims the disputed picture was given to him by the artist, who was a close friend.
RELATED: Hottest Action Stars
University officials filed suit against the star and the case went to court in Los Angeles this week. On Wednesday, Superior Court judge Maureen Duff-Lewis rejected O'Neal's motion to dismiss and she ordered the case to go to trial next month, according to Celebuzz.com.
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out the sweet shots Jaime King, Mario Lopez, Snooki and more stars shared of their babies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the stunning photos Alessandra Ambrosio shared of her Hawaiian vacation with her daughter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Carmen Electra, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Tori Spelling and Dean McDermott put their cheating scandal behind them and vacation as a family on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite