Ryan Phillippe is Sick of Being Blamed for Reese SplitRelated: Jake Gyllenhaal, Reese Witherspoon, Ryan Phillippe
- Photo: J. Dennis Thomas/Retna Ltd.1 of 9
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/AP2 of 9
- Photo: Pacific Coast News3 of 9
- Photo: NP2/WENN4 of 9
- Photo: Johns PkI / Splash News/Splash News5 of 9
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com6 of 9
- Photo: MOE/Fame Pictures7 of 9
- Photo: Evan Agostini/AP8 of 9
More Celeb News
- TLC's 'Little Couple' Preview: A Crash Course in Parenting (Exclusive VidMSNEntertainment 5/21/2013 4:21:51 PM
- Last Call! Inside the 'Hangover 3' PremiereMSNEntertainment 5/21/2013 4:13:28 PM
- Jesse James accidentally chops off fingerMSNEntertainment 5/21/2013 3:15:45 PM
- Sony Board to Weigh Spin-Off of Entertainment Division (Report)MSNEntertainment 5/21/2013 2:40:45 PM
- Cannes: The Weinstein Co. Nearing Deal for 'The Young and Prodigious Spivet'MSNEntertainment 5/21/2013 2:40:05 PM
- TLC's 'Little Couple' Preview: A Crash Course in Parenting (Exclusive Vid
"I have a new rule: not to date anyone who has a publicist," Phillippe quipped during a Monday radio interview on Howard Stern's Sirius XM radio show.
The actor explained that he and Cornish had privately ended their four-year romance face-to-face, but no one had warned him of an impending public statement claiming Cornish had dumped him.
"Who announces a breakup? I don't understand that! There's no need for that."
Phillippe added, "I've been dumped on in the press for relationship stuff since Reese [Witherspoon] and I divorced." Phillippe and Cornish began dating in 2006 -- the same year he and Witherspoon split after seven years of marriage.
"I'm tired of getting s--- on," Phillippe, 35, told Stern. "I don't feel like I deserve it. Things happen! How many people have you broken up with over your life?"
The actor and Witherspoon now share joint custody of their daughter Ava, 10, and son Deacon, 6 and, he said, "it's gotten to a place where we're great friends and great co-parents." Such great friends, in fact, that they console each other after breakups.
"After I had my breakup, she called, and after she did, I called." Witherspoon, 34, called it quits with Jake Gyllenhaal in early December after nearly three years together.
Phillippe didn't have much to say about Witherspoon's new beau, Jim Toth. "I trust her to make the right decisions around our children," he said simply "I hope she feels the same way."
He points out that his kids don't get too invested in their parents' dating lives. "If the kids care about mom dad, and if that's consistent and they feel protected that way, they don't they don't really care so much about who the parent is dating. They just don't."
To Howard Stern's chagrin, Phillippe also reveals that he and his ex-wife have not had "ex sex." "That hasn't happened," he told the shock jock.
Since the Cornish split, he said he's "enjoying the single-ish" life, although he calls himself a "serial monogamist ... Either a girl is worth spending all of my time with or none of my time." He shoots down rumors that he's hooked up with Victoria's Secret model Selita Ebanks, Lindsay Lohan or Jessica Simpson. "I've never met Jessica Simpson!"
More photos from UsWeekly:
More from Wonderwall:
- Who Am I?Check out how Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and more stars of "Fast & Furious 6" looked when they were in high school.Watch Video »
- LovebirdsFind out what Jessica Alba and Cash Warren tweeted to each other on their fifth wedding anniversary on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Worst LooksCheck out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- What's Sexy?Heidi Klum hangs with two comedy legends and shares what she finds most sexy in a man on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Sexy SecretsVictoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
- American TravelsGet the Prince's travel details on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Birthday GirlTori Spelling turns 40, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersFlorence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Roasted?Lindsay Lohan refuses to be roasted, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Beach WorkoutsFrom Julianne Hough to Alessandra Ambrosio, see celebs who get their fitness on in the sand.Watch Video »
- Miley's MusicMiley Cyrus mixes music and fashion while ignoring her relationship status, on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Royal AdviceSnooki gives Prince Harry some advice, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Queen's FeastBeyonce had a major feast in Dublin, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Bump DebutSelena Gomez breaks some pregnancy news on Twitter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
- Beers With BieberJustin Bieber shares photos of his beer-drinking safari on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Missing Miley?Get the scoop on the newest breakup rumors on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Visiting U.S.Prince Harry is visiting the United States again, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite