'Sad' Gabriel Aubry Confirms Halle Berry Split
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.1 of 6
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com2 of 6
- Photo: Juan Garces/Splash News3 of 6
- Photo: London Entertainment/Splash News4 of 6
- Photo: Matt Symons/James Breeden/Pacific Coast News5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Report: Joan Rivers Being Taken Out of ComaMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 2:46:00 PM
- 'Saved by the Bell' Casting Director on Returning for the Movie, Why Finding a NewMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 11:11:00 AM
- VENICE WATCH: McDormand hails female storiesMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 10:20:02 AM
- 'Guardians' tops Labor Day, summer box officeMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 10:07:27 AM
- Jennifer Lawrence requests nude pics investigationMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 9:43:01 AM
- Report: Joan Rivers Being Taken Out of Coma
It's official: Halle Berry and boyfriend Gabriel Aubry are going their separate ways.
Following Friday's multiple reports of a split between the Oscar-winning actress and French-Canadian male model, Aubry confirmed the news to Access Hollywood early Saturday.
"I am sad to say that Halle and I have decided together to separate at this time," Aubry's statement reads. "She is, and will forever be one of the most special and beautiful people that I have ever known, and I am certain that we will continue to have only love and respect for one another."
Berry, 43, and Aubry, 34, first met at a 2006 Versace photo shoot; they never wed. Their daughter Nahla was born in March 2008.
"We have been blessed with the most amazing daughter in the world," Aubry continues. "Her happiness and well-being are the most important thing for both of us. Please respect our privacy during this very difficult time."
TMZ had reported that the duo is currently working out a custody agreement for Nahla. "I will not comment on all of the wild inaccuracies being speculated about in the media," Berry's former beau explained simply.
On Thursday -- the night before the breakup news hit -- Berry made a cheerful solo appearance at the DKMS 4th Annual Gala: Linked Against Leukemia in NYC. She told UsMagazine.com that her daughter was "fantastic," and that she loved "everything" about being a mom.
In an interview last year with Essence, Berry gushed about her relationship, but wouldn't speculate how long it would last. "All I know is at this moment, it feels fantastic," she said.
More on Usmagazine.com
More on Wonderwall
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTFirst Date Ready!
From Crowd Ignite