Salma Hayek Goes on Juice Cleanse
- Photo: Diane Cohen/Fame Pictures1 of 7
- Photo: AAR/Fame Pictures2 of 7
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News3 of 7
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP4 of 7
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP5 of 7
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Which Former Saturday Night Live Cast Member Has Been Named the New Announcer?MSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 7:00:00 AM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Contestant Lolo Jones 'Embarrassed,' &aMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 6:58:00 AM
- QUIZ: Which Sean Bean Character Said It?MSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 6:54:00 AM
- Maria Menounos Talks Return to Her Journalistic Roots: 'Untold' Is Like Pop CulturMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 6:43:00 AM
- MTV and Logo TV to Air 'Laverne Cox: The T Word' DocumentaryMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 6:36:00 AM
- Which Former Saturday Night Live Cast Member Has Been Named the New Announcer?
What's Salma Hayek's secret for always looking red-carpet ready?
"I've been doing juice cleanses for 15 years," she tells UsMagazine.com.
And now the curvy actress, 43, has collaborated with pal and professional juicer Eric Helms to create Cooler Cleanse, a three or five-day juice detox delivery program.
"If I've been indulging in rich foods, a cleanse is a wonderful way to hit the reset button," the "Grown Ups" star tells Us.
The two taste-tested each blend and worked with several New York-based nutritionists and vegan chefs to develop the juice and raw-food menus, opting to only use premium-grade, organic and sustainably-grown ingredients.
So how exactly does the Cooler Cleanse work?
The program, which costs $58 per day, begins with detoxifiers that eliminate processed foods, caffeinated drinks, alcohol, dairy products, sushi and other unhealthy foods prior to starting the juice cleanse.
Once customers receive their first delivery, they will consume less than 1,200 calories a day in six drinks, including almond milk and watermelon lime.
"I always lose weight," promises Hayek, who complements her cleanse by doing light yoga.
But Helms, who owns NYC's Juice Generation, points out that weight loss isn't the only benefit of the cleanse.
"You'll have renewed energy," he tells Us.
Adds Hayek: "My skin glows when I finish day three. And it inspires me to think about what I put in my body."
Related on Wonderwall:
Related from UsWeekly:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek In Photos
From Crowd Ignite