Salma Hayek: 'It's Nice' Being Married to a Billionaire
- Photo: JOSEPH KERLAKIAN/StarTraks1 of 16
- Photo: WENN2 of 16
- Photo: KCSPresse/Splash News3 of 16
- Photo: JOSEPH KERLAKIAN/StarTraks4 of 16
- Photo: PX1/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: Santi/Splash News6 of 16
- Photo: Lawrence/La Pira/Splash News7 of 16
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP8 of 16
- Photo: Lawrence/La Pira/Splash News9 of 16
- Photo: Lawrence/La Pira/Splash News10 of 16
- Photo: Anthea Simms / Camera Press/Retna Ltd.11 of 16
- Photo: TC/Splash News12 of 16
- Photo: Mario Testino/Allure13 of 16
- Photo: Mario Testino/Allure14 of 16
- Photo: Mario Testino/Allure15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Jon Klein on His New Online Venture: 'We've Created the Company That I Feared WoulMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 12:41:00 PM
- 'Game of Thrones' Star Kristian Nairn Comes Out: 'I've Been WaitMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 12:31:00 PM
- Television Academy Announces New Name, Fundraising DriveMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 12:18:00 PM
- Anne Sweeney Exiting Disney-ABC to Become TV DirectorMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 12:10:00 PM
- Adam Carolla's 'Catch a Contractor' Debut Is Spike's Best in 3 YMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 12:06:00 PM
- Jon Klein on His New Online Venture: 'We've Created the Company That I Feared Woul
Salma Hayek pays her own bills, amigos!
The 44-year-old actress is married to French billionaire Francois-Henri Pinault, with whom she shares daughter Valentina, 4.
And though Pinault's family is worth $11.5 billion, the "Puss in Boots" star doesn't rely on her rich man to get by.
"I work hard, I make my own living and I love it. I like having financial independence," Hayek tells the new issue of Redbook. "I don't ever want to have to depend on anyone completely."
But being the wife of Pinault, the 49-year-old CEO of Pinault-Printemps-Redoute, certainly has its perks, she admits: "When I have troubles sometimes, its nice to have someone there to help."
And her fashion-industry titan of a hubby only has so much sway when it comes to her style, too. "Like I said, I’m still a Mexican," Hayek quips. "I like to play fashion with him, but I'm nobody's Barbie."
The stunning star is also thrilled -- not bummed -- to be getting older.
"I'll tell you, there is nothing better in life than being a late bloomer. I believe that success can happen at any time and at any age," Hayek gushes.
"You can have a spiritual awakening and discover a new side of you at any age. And best of all, love can happen at any age. Life can just start to get exciting when you’re in your 40s and 50s. You have to believe that."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Nicole Richie debuts a lavender hair color on Instagram on Celebs Gone Social. What does Kelly Osbourne have to do with it?Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite