Salma Hayek: 'It's Nice' Being Married to a Billionaire
- Photo: JOSEPH KERLAKIAN/StarTraks1 of 16
- Photo: WENN2 of 16
- Photo: KCSPresse/Splash News3 of 16
- Photo: JOSEPH KERLAKIAN/StarTraks4 of 16
- Photo: PX1/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: Santi/Splash News6 of 16
- Photo: Lawrence/La Pira/Splash News7 of 16
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP8 of 16
- Photo: Lawrence/La Pira/Splash News9 of 16
- Photo: Lawrence/La Pira/Splash News10 of 16
- Photo: Anthea Simms / Camera Press/Retna Ltd.11 of 16
- Photo: TC/Splash News12 of 16
- Photo: Mario Testino/Allure13 of 16
- Photo: Mario Testino/Allure14 of 16
- Photo: Mario Testino/Allure15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Hillary Clinton Breaks Silence on Ferguson, Says America Is 'Better Than That'MSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:43:00 PM
- Why Is California Tripling Film and TV Tax Credits While Other States Slash Them?MSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:25:00 PM
- Venice Reviews: Michael Shannon's Indelible Performance in '99 Homes,' PlMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:23:00 PM
- Story of Frozen Special Reflects on Movie's Magic; Producer Confirms Broadway PlansMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:20:00 PM
- Martin Starr, Paul Wesley Movie 'Amira & Sam' Lands U.S. DistributionMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Hillary Clinton Breaks Silence on Ferguson, Says America Is 'Better Than That'
Salma Hayek pays her own bills, amigos!
The 44-year-old actress is married to French billionaire Francois-Henri Pinault, with whom she shares daughter Valentina, 4.
And though Pinault's family is worth $11.5 billion, the "Puss in Boots" star doesn't rely on her rich man to get by.
"I work hard, I make my own living and I love it. I like having financial independence," Hayek tells the new issue of Redbook. "I don't ever want to have to depend on anyone completely."
But being the wife of Pinault, the 49-year-old CEO of Pinault-Printemps-Redoute, certainly has its perks, she admits: "When I have troubles sometimes, its nice to have someone there to help."
And her fashion-industry titan of a hubby only has so much sway when it comes to her style, too. "Like I said, I’m still a Mexican," Hayek quips. "I like to play fashion with him, but I'm nobody's Barbie."
The stunning star is also thrilled -- not bummed -- to be getting older.
"I'll tell you, there is nothing better in life than being a late bloomer. I believe that success can happen at any time and at any age," Hayek gushes.
"You can have a spiritual awakening and discover a new side of you at any age. And best of all, love can happen at any age. Life can just start to get exciting when you’re in your 40s and 50s. You have to believe that."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, see which stars have the most expensive engagement bling.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTPup Power
From Crowd Ignite