Salma Hayek: 'It's Nice' Being Married to a Billionaire
- Photo: JOSEPH KERLAKIAN/StarTraks1 of 16
- Photo: WENN2 of 16
- Photo: KCSPresse/Splash News3 of 16
- Photo: JOSEPH KERLAKIAN/StarTraks4 of 16
- Photo: PX1/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: Santi/Splash News6 of 16
- Photo: Lawrence/La Pira/Splash News7 of 16
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP8 of 16
- Photo: Lawrence/La Pira/Splash News9 of 16
- Photo: Lawrence/La Pira/Splash News10 of 16
- Photo: Anthea Simms / Camera Press/Retna Ltd.11 of 16
- Photo: TC/Splash News12 of 16
- Photo: Mario Testino/Allure13 of 16
- Photo: Mario Testino/Allure14 of 16
- Photo: Mario Testino/Allure15 of 16
More Celeb News
- 'Wolf of Wall Street,' 'American Hustle,' 'Gravity&MSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 12:00:54 PM
- Legendary Acquires 'The Kennedys' Producer Asylum Entertainment (Corrected)MSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 11:56:40 AM
- Showtime's 'Californication' Returns for 7th and Final Season in AprilMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 11:21:21 AM
- Broadcast Shows Nearly As Violent as Cable, Study FindsMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 10:53:47 AM
- 'Bonnie & Clyde' Mini Delivers 9.8 Million Viewers for A&E NetworkMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 10:33:14 AM
- 'Wolf of Wall Street,' 'American Hustle,' 'Gravity&
Salma Hayek pays her own bills, amigos!
The 44-year-old actress is married to French billionaire Francois-Henri Pinault, with whom she shares daughter Valentina, 4.
And though Pinault's family is worth $11.5 billion, the "Puss in Boots" star doesn't rely on her rich man to get by.
"I work hard, I make my own living and I love it. I like having financial independence," Hayek tells the new issue of Redbook. "I don't ever want to have to depend on anyone completely."
But being the wife of Pinault, the 49-year-old CEO of Pinault-Printemps-Redoute, certainly has its perks, she admits: "When I have troubles sometimes, its nice to have someone there to help."
And her fashion-industry titan of a hubby only has so much sway when it comes to her style, too. "Like I said, I’m still a Mexican," Hayek quips. "I like to play fashion with him, but I'm nobody's Barbie."
The stunning star is also thrilled -- not bummed -- to be getting older.
"I'll tell you, there is nothing better in life than being a late bloomer. I believe that success can happen at any time and at any age," Hayek gushes.
"You can have a spiritual awakening and discover a new side of you at any age. And best of all, love can happen at any age. Life can just start to get exciting when you’re in your 40s and 50s. You have to believe that."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
Khloe Kardashian, Jennifer Hudson, and Christina Hendricks all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Kylie Jenner, see some of Hollywood's newest romances on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXT2013 Weddings
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite