- Photo: JOSEPH KERLAKIAN/StarTraks1 of 16
- Photo: WENN2 of 16
- Photo: KCSPresse/Splash News3 of 16
- Photo: JOSEPH KERLAKIAN/StarTraks4 of 16
- Photo: PX1/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: Santi/Splash News6 of 16
- Photo: Lawrence/La Pira/Splash News7 of 16
- Photo: Evan Agostini/AP8 of 16
- Photo: Lawrence/La Pira/Splash News9 of 16
- Photo: Lawrence/La Pira/Splash News10 of 16
- Photo: Anthea Simms / Camera Press/Retna Ltd.11 of 16
- Photo: TC/Splash News12 of 16
- Photo: Mario Testino/Allure13 of 16
- Photo: Mario Testino/Allure14 of 16
- Photo: Mario Testino/Allure15 of 16
More Celeb News
- 'Before Midnight' Review: Joy and Pain, Long After Happily Ever AfterMSNEntertainment 5/23/2013 4:32:15 PM
- 'Before Midnight's' Director, Stars Julie Delpy, Ethan Hawke Celebrate &aMSNEntertainment 5/23/2013 4:13:43 PM
- Cannes: IFC Buys North American Rights to 'The Selfish Giant'MSNEntertainment 5/23/2013 4:09:45 PM
- Paddy Considine and Fares Fares Join Tom Hardy Thriller 'Child 44' (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 5/23/2013 3:55:22 PM
- Steven Soderbergh Is Looking to Direct Clive Owen in Cinemax Series MSNEntertainment 5/23/2013 3:53:15 PM
- 'Before Midnight' Review: Joy and Pain, Long After Happily Ever After
Salma Hayek pays her own bills, amigos!
The 44-year-old actress is married to French billionaire Francois-Henri Pinault, with whom she shares daughter Valentina, 4.
And though Pinault's family is worth $11.5 billion, the "Puss in Boots" star doesn't rely on her rich man to get by.
"I work hard, I make my own living and I love it. I like having financial independence," Hayek tells the new issue of Redbook. "I don't ever want to have to depend on anyone completely."
But being the wife of Pinault, the 49-year-old CEO of Pinault-Printemps-Redoute, certainly has its perks, she admits: "When I have troubles sometimes, its nice to have someone there to help."
And her fashion-industry titan of a hubby only has so much sway when it comes to her style, too. "Like I said, I’m still a Mexican," Hayek quips. "I like to play fashion with him, but I'm nobody's Barbie."
The stunning star is also thrilled -- not bummed -- to be getting older.
"I'll tell you, there is nothing better in life than being a late bloomer. I believe that success can happen at any time and at any age," Hayek gushes.
"You can have a spiritual awakening and discover a new side of you at any age. And best of all, love can happen at any age. Life can just start to get exciting when you’re in your 40s and 50s. You have to believe that."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Kim Kardashian says her pregnancy lips are out of control, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
Check out Hollywood's hottest bikini bods on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
Robert Pattinson has moved out of the house he shared with Kristen Stewart, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
Better with age
See which stars just get better with age.Watch Video »
Check out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
Find out who went after Kendall Jenner on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite