Salma Hayek never thought she would enjoy life as a housewife
- Photo: Thibault Camus/Invision/AP1 of 8
- Photo: Juan Soliz/PacificCoastNews.com2 of 8
- Photo: Splash News3 of 8
- Photo: Promotional4 of 8
- Photo: Bauer-Griffin5 of 8
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com6 of 8
- Photo: Franois-Xavier Lamperti/Bauer-Griffin7 of 8
More Celeb News
- 'The Money Shot' Theater Review: Neil LaBute Delivers a Poison-Pen Note to HollywoMSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 5:00:00 PM
- 'NCIS' Drafts MTV's 'Awkward' Star Nikki DeLoach (ExcluMSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 4:59:00 PM
- OK! Magazine Dumps Digital Team, Launches Search for New Staff (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 4:58:00 PM
- The Wire Shutting Down and Being Folded Into Atlantic Flagship SiteMSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 4:18:00 PM
- 'Dallas' Cast Rallies Fans to Watch Season Finale as TNT Mulls RenewalMSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 4:07:00 PM
- 'The Money Shot' Theater Review: Neil LaBute Delivers a Poison-Pen Note to Hollywo
Salma Hayek has finally settled into her new role as a full-fledged housewife after spending the early years of her courtship with Francois-Henri Pinault fighting the idea.
The "Frida" actress was a big Hollywood star when she met the French businessman and entrepreneur in 2006, and they became engaged after a whirlwind romance.
RELATED: Hollywood's Hottest Housewives
But Hayek, who wed Pinault in 2009, admits she was firmly against the thought of leaving Hollywood behind to start a new life in Paris, because she was convinced she would hate spending all her time indoors.
She tells the New York Times Style magazine, "The first thing I panicked about was moving. I got scared. I said, 'I'm not moving to Paris to be a housewife.' And he said, 'Fine, we'll be different.' It's sort of exciting to have a different kind of marriage.
RELATED: Watch Salma's snake-induced meltdown
"He knew I was going to end up [in Paris], but he said the right thing! Before I knew it I was spending most of my time here, and I love it."
Hayek has now fully embraced her duties as a wife and mother to their 3-year-old daughter, Valentina, and admits she revels in being the perfect housewife.
She says, "I am a housewife. Do you cook every night for your husband? I do. I am most definitely a housewife. And a good one, I must say!
"He's very low-key. Our life is great and glamorous in many ways, and in many ways -- in the good ways -- it's very homey."
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite