Sandra and Jesse: Behind Their Quickie DivorceRelated: Hot Gossip, Sandra Bullock, Jesse James
- Photo: Jen Lowery/Splash News1 of 8
- Photo: Jason Merritt/GettyImages.com2 of 8
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/AP3 of 8
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com4 of 8
- Photo: London Ent / Splash News/Splash News5 of 8
- Photo: Deano/Splash News6 of 8
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com7 of 8
More Celeb News
- 'The Hangover Part III' Review: Thank God for Peculiar, Perverse - and OutrageouslMSNEntertainment 5/20/2013 10:10:35 PM
- Zendaya on top heading into Dancing with the Stars finaleMSNEntertainment 5/20/2013 8:55:32 PM
- Sleepless in Cannes: Moguls Haunt the Majestic Hotel Bar MSNEntertainment 5/20/2013 8:03:47 PM
- It Took a 'Blind' Director to Look Past Casting Me ... an AmputeeMSNEntertainment 5/20/2013 7:24:38 PM
- Kelly Rowland & Paulina Rubio confirmed for X FactorMSNEntertainment 5/20/2013 7:23:12 PM
- 'The Hangover Part III' Review: Thank God for Peculiar, Perverse - and Outrageousl
A collective "yay!" went up this week when it was announced that Sandra Bullock's divorce from Jesse James was officially a done deal, a dissolution that took only three months from when the first adultery accusations surfaced. But even though the pair is now legally unbound, their connection apparently isn't permanently severed.
"It's not like they're talking every day, but they're in touch about things," an insider explains to People magazine. "It really seems like it's about the kids more than anything."
RELATED VIDEO: Sandra strums for charity
As you know, James is planning a move to Bullock's home base in Austin with offspring Chandler, 15, Jesse Jr., 12, and Sunny, 6, a decision he reportedly made after getting the OK from his A-list ex-wife, who will reportedly continue to co-parent his brood.
"He has a goal," says a buddy of the two-timing motorcycle mogul, who is rumored to be hoping for a reconciliation. "He wants his life back, he wants some sense of normalcy and his family back."
While we hesitate to think too much about what Jesse considers a sense of normalcy (does it involve a boink-fest with a tattoo-covered, Nazi gear-wearing stripper on a coffin-shaped sofa in his office?), the split was seemingly set to warp speed for good reason.
According to the mag, now that the divorce is wrapped up (both waived alimony and agreed to a confidential property settlement agreement), the goodwill-surrounded Oscar winner can move forward with finalizing her adoption of 6-month-old son Louis as a single parent.
Sandra and Jesse began the adoption process four years ago, and they quietly brought the chubby-cheeked tot home in January. But the actress decided to complete the adoption solo after the marriage crumbled in March, a week after she won her Academy Award, when the first of several alleged mistresses began popping up like so many skanky, ink-stained jack-in-the-boxes.
RELATED: Sandra through the years
Her intentions were made clear in the official divorce papers (filed in Texas and obtained by Radar), which state, "There is no child of the marriage."
For now, Sandra is said to be "chilling out" in Austin and in Louis' hometown of New Orleans, where her Garden District mansion has unfortunately become a hot tourist destination, with crowds forming outside the gate and tour buses stopping in front.
Meanwhile, now that Bullock is "chilling" as a legally single gal, is it time for her to test the waters of the dating pool? And with whom? Maybe ex-boyfriend Ryan Gosling? Or Keanu Reeves? Or even the cuddly Nathan Fillion, who recently tweeted in her direction, "I am currently single, and terribly loyal. When you're ready..."
Tell us your choices in the comments.
Read more Hot Gossip
- Who Am I?Check out how Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and more stars of "Fast & Furious 6" looked when they were in high school.Watch Video »
- LovebirdsFind out what Jessica Alba and Cash Warren tweeted to each other on their fifth wedding anniversary on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Worst LooksCheck out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- What's Sexy?Heidi Klum hangs with two comedy legends and shares what she finds most sexy in a man on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Sexy SecretsVictoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
- American TravelsGet the Prince's travel details on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Birthday GirlTori Spelling turns 40, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersFlorence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Roasted?Lindsay Lohan refuses to be roasted, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Beach WorkoutsFrom Julianne Hough to Alessandra Ambrosio, see celebs who get their fitness on in the sand.Watch Video »
- Miley's MusicMiley Cyrus mixes music and fashion while ignoring her relationship status, on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Royal AdviceSnooki gives Prince Harry some advice, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Queen's FeastBeyonce had a major feast in Dublin, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Bump DebutSelena Gomez breaks some pregnancy news on Twitter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
- Beers With BieberJustin Bieber shares photos of his beer-drinking safari on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Missing Miley?Get the scoop on the newest breakup rumors on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Visiting U.S.Prince Harry is visiting the United States again, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite