Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds Spend New Year's Eve TogetherRelated: Hot Gossip, Ryan Reynolds, Sandra Bullock, Scarlett Johansson, Jesse James
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com1 of 6
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com2 of 6
- Photo: VPC/WENN3 of 6
- Photo: Cesar Cebolla / ALFAQUI / Camera Press/Retna Digital4 of 6
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage.com5 of 6
More Celeb News
- WME Signs Departing Fox Exec Mike Darnell (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 2:11:54 PM
- Cannes: Critics All Over the Map on James Gray's 'Immigrant' but Love MarMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 2:10:59 PM
- Blake Shelton heads home to Oklahoma to stage benefit gigMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 2:02:40 PM
- 'Only God Forgives' Director Responds to Boos of His Ryan Gosling Thriller MSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 1:57:56 PM
- Want to See 'Fast & the Furious 6' in IMAX? There's Only 1 ChoiceMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 1:53:49 PM
- WME Signs Departing Fox Exec Mike Darnell (Exclusive)
By Kat Giantis
The rumor mill loves to play matchmaker, especially when celebrities are on the rebound. Case in point: Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds, whose respective marriages to Jesse James and Scarlett Johansson crashed and burned in 2010.
Seems the longtime pals have an annual tradition of seeing in the New Year in together. But this year, their hang-time has set off an avalanche of hookup speculation.
The "Proposal" pair counted down to midnight at a Roaring Twenties-themed bash (per Radar Online) held at Bullock's Austin, Texas, restaurant, Bess Bistro. The festivities were apparently open to anyone willing to fork over $25 for the special New Year's Eve menu.
Photos of Sandra, 46, and Ryan, 34, sitting side-by-side surfaced on Monday, with the Oscar-winning mom of 1-year-old Louis getting into the spirit of the evening by donning a feathered headpiece and a flapper-like black dress, while the actor kept things casual with a jaunty cap.
According to an E! Online spy, the two "were holding hands at one point" and "were very cute together." Another eyewitness reports they hit the dance floor.
RELATED: The year in hookups and breakups
But it wasn't exactly a lovey-dovey rendezvous: The stars celebrated the dawning of 2011 with a posse of pals.
"A group of old friends that included Ryan and Sandra spent New Year's together," her rep explains to People. "They all had a great time ringing in the New Year as they have in the past ... as nothing more than friends."
An insider reiterates the buddy-buddy nature of their relationship.
Of course, that hasn't stopped talk that their chumminess could lead to something more.
"Sandra loves Ryan," a mole tells PopEater. "They became very good friends when they filmed 'The Proposal,' but they are not a couple, at least not yet ... They love spending quality time together."
E! adds that they've been commiserating, seemingly in a misery loves company kind of way, in the wake of their marital meltdowns.
"They talk on the phone and she counsels him," maintains a source. "She can relate to what he's going through since the whole thing with Jesse and her divorce."
Sandra, however, isn't taking sides in Ryan's split.
On Dec. 28, less than a week after Reynolds filed for divorce, ScarJo popped into Bess with Drew Barrymore, and Bullock made a point of swinging by to say hi to her onetime smooching partner.
What do you think of Sandra and Ryan? Are they better as friends, or would you like to see them become something more? Tell us in the comments.
- Magic LoveThe stars of "Now You See Me" chat learning magic tricks and experiencing the real deal.Watch Video »
- Workout ObsessedGwyneth Paltrow works out for two hours a day, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Twitter AttackFind out who went after Kendall Jenner on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- 'Fast' TalkWatch as the cast of "Fast & furious 6" talk about getting injuries while filming, getting jacked and a whole lot more.Watch Video »
- Feeling SwollenKim Kardashian says her pregnancy lips are out of control, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Moving OutRobert Pattinson has moved out of the house he shared with Kristen Stewart, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Who Am I?Check out how Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and more stars of "Fast & Furious 6" looked when they were in high school.Watch Video »
- LovebirdsFind out what Jessica Alba and Cash Warren tweeted to each other on their fifth wedding anniversary on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Worst LooksCheck out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- What's Sexy?Heidi Klum hangs with two comedy legends and shares what she finds most sexy in a man on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Sexy SecretsVictoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
- American TravelsGet the Prince's travel details on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Birthday GirlTori Spelling turns 40, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersFlorence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Roasted?Lindsay Lohan refuses to be roasted, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Beach WorkoutsFrom Julianne Hough to Alessandra Ambrosio, see celebs who get their fitness on in the sand.Watch Video »
- Miley's MusicMiley Cyrus mixes music and fashion while ignoring her relationship status, on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite