Sandra Bullock: 'Life is a series of disastrous moments, painful moments'
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 12
- Photo: AKM-GSI/.2 of 12
- Photo: Apega/WENN3 of 12
- Photo: LRC/ZOJ/WENN4 of 12
- Photo: Gio/Splash News5 of 12
- Photo: Rex USA6 of 12
- Photo: TS/PacificCoastNews.com7 of 12
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage8 of 12
- Photo: ANDREW KELLY/Reuters9 of 12
- Photo: Said Elatab/Splash News10 of 12
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP11 of 12
More Celeb News
- 'Beyond the Lights' Review: Gugu Mbatha-Raw Portrays Divadom With Honesty and CompMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 4:42:00 PM
- BuzzFeed Taps Andrew Gauthier to Lead Video DivisionMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 4:25:00 PM
- Roger Goodell Won't Resign From NFL, But Promises Conduct Policy ChangesMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 3:29:00 PM
- HBO Suspends Pre-Production of Brian De Palma's Penn State Molestation Film 'To DeMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 2:28:00 PM
- Dancing's Derek Hough: We Have Something "Potentially Dangerous" PlannedMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 2:28:00 PM
- 'Beyond the Lights' Review: Gugu Mbatha-Raw Portrays Divadom With Honesty and Comp
Sandra Bullock knows all too well how quickly the rug can be pulled out from under you. She had just won a Best Actress Oscar for "The Blind Side" in 2010 when her marriage to Jesse James fell spectacularly apart amid revelations about his infidelity. It's those lows, though, that make her appreciate the highs.
"When people are like, 'Life is good,' I go, 'No, life is a series of disastrous moments, painful moments, unexpected moments, and things that will break your heart. And in between those moments, that's when you savor, savor, savor,'" she tells Entertainment Weekly, which named Bullock its Entertainer of the Year for 2013.
Now is definitely the time to savor. Bullock is awash in early Oscar buzz for her performance in Alfonso Cuaron's space drama "Gravity," opposite pal George Clooney. And earlier this year, she earned praise for the buddy-cop comedy "The Heat," co-starring Bridesmaids standout Melissa McCarthy. (Both movies were box-office smashes; "Gravity" has grossed more than $578 million worldwide, while "The Heat" grossed more than $218 million.)
"We're all where we're supposed to be," the actress, 49, told Vogue in September, alluding to her split from motorcycle customizer James, who had affairs with multiple women while still married to Bullock. "I am exactly where I want to be now. You can't go backward. I'm not going backward. I'm grateful that I'm here, blessed to have what I have. Nobody can be prepared for anything."
That includes another shot at love. For now, though, Bullock is content to be a single mom to son Louis, 3, whom she adopted in early 2010, before her split from James.
"If [a relationship] should come along, great," she tells EW. "But I feel like I'm not missing anything yet. Maybe one day I will. But my son is 3 years old, which is an amazing age. Four is an even better age. So if something happens, great, but if not, I've got plenty to do."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
Royal Beach Bods
Check out the hottest royals enjoying their beach vacations.Watch Video »
Beyonce is Hot
Check out Beyonce's all-time sexiest looks.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Gisele Bundchen, Alessandra Ambrosio and more models share sweet snaps with their kids, hosted by Wonderwall correspondent Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Rihanna to Lady Gaga, scope out the worst dressed A-listers at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, Spring/ Summer 2015!Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTOver The Moon
From Crowd Ignite