Sandra Bullock sues watch company over 'The Blind Side' ads
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage1 of 16
- Photo: WireImage2 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage3 of 16
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.4 of 16
- Photo: LOMELI/Bauer-Griffin5 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage6 of 16
- Photo: Peter Kramer/KRAPE7 of 16
- Photo: Peter Kramer/KRAPE8 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP9 of 16
- Photo: Bruja/Juan Sharma/PacificCoastNews.com10 of 16
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News11 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP12 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP13 of 16
- Photo: Doug Meszler/Splash News14 of 16
- Photo: IGNAT/Bauer-Griffin15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Allison Williams headed skyward as NBC's Peter PanMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 7:17:10 AM
- Ventura: Mixed emotions about defamation suit winMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 6:53:17 AM
- Rabe, Wolcott, Bidart among winners of PEN awardsMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 6:06:25 AM
- Watch This Tonight: Sharknado 2MSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 5:49:00 AM
- What's a group selfie? Usie (pronounced uss-ee)MSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 5:22:22 AM
- Allison Williams headed skyward as NBC's Peter Pan
By firstname.lastname@example.org (WENN Newsdesk)
Sandra Bullock has filed suit against a watch company over allegations her image was used in a marketing campaign without her permission.
The star wore a diamond-encrusted timepiece made by ToyWatch USA in her Oscar-winning film "The Blind Side," and she claims staff at the firm exploited that connection to advertise its products.
Bullock filed legal papers in Santa Monica, Calif., seeking damages and an injunction to stop the company using her name and image.
RELATED:: Who Said It? Oscar Speech Edition
The lawsuit states, "ToyWatch USA intentionally and prominently used Ms. Bullock's name, photograph, image, identity, and persona in advertising, marketing, and/or promotion ... to sell watches ..."
RELATED:: Hollywood's Single Moms
"(She) will not voluntarily appear in print or other media for a company or product unless she carefully selects and believes in the company and product, and unless the compensation she receives is commensurate with the value of the exploitation of her name, image, identity, and persona."
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Gisele Bundchen to Channing Tatum, see which celebs introduced their babies on social media on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBye Baby Bump
From Crowd Ignite