Sandra Bullock sues watch company over 'The Blind Side' ads
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage1 of 16
- Photo: WireImage2 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage3 of 16
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.4 of 16
- Photo: LOMELI/Bauer-Griffin5 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage6 of 16
- Photo: Peter Kramer/KRAPE7 of 16
- Photo: Peter Kramer/KRAPE8 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP9 of 16
- Photo: Bruja/Juan Sharma/PacificCoastNews.com10 of 16
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News11 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP12 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP13 of 16
- Photo: Doug Meszler/Splash News14 of 16
- Photo: IGNAT/Bauer-Griffin15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Disney to Make Chinese Co-Productions With Shanghai Media GroupMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 4:37:00 PM
- Managers Call SAG-AFTRA's Code of Ethics 'DOA' After SurveyMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 4:31:00 PM
- FX's 'Archer' Renewed for 2 More SeasonsMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 4:06:00 PM
- Insiders: Andrew Garfield Rewrote Batkid Oscars Speech, Thought Segment Was ExploitativeMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 3:54:00 PM
- CW's Uncensored 'Reign' Sex Scenes Are 'Appalling,' SayMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 3:22:00 PM
- Disney to Make Chinese Co-Productions With Shanghai Media Group
By email@example.com (WENN Newsdesk)
Sandra Bullock has filed suit against a watch company over allegations her image was used in a marketing campaign without her permission.
The star wore a diamond-encrusted timepiece made by ToyWatch USA in her Oscar-winning film "The Blind Side," and she claims staff at the firm exploited that connection to advertise its products.
Bullock filed legal papers in Santa Monica, Calif., seeking damages and an injunction to stop the company using her name and image.
RELATED:: Who Said It? Oscar Speech Edition
The lawsuit states, "ToyWatch USA intentionally and prominently used Ms. Bullock's name, photograph, image, identity, and persona in advertising, marketing, and/or promotion ... to sell watches ..."
RELATED:: Hollywood's Single Moms
"(She) will not voluntarily appear in print or other media for a company or product unless she carefully selects and believes in the company and product, and unless the compensation she receives is commensurate with the value of the exploitation of her name, image, identity, and persona."
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Nicole Richie debuts a lavender hair color on Instagram on Celebs Gone Social. What does Kelly Osbourne have to do with it?Watch Video »
Check out the many ways that Britney Spears is looking better than ever.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite