Sandra Bullock: Why I Finally Got Back to Work After Divorce, AdoptionRelated: Ryan Reynolds, Sandra Bullock, Jesse James
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage1 of 15
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News2 of 15
- Photo: AR4/WENN3 of 15
- Photo: Peter Kramer/AP4 of 15
- Photo: AR4/WENN5 of 15
- Photo: WENN6 of 15
- Photo: WENN7 of 15
- Photo: Adam Nemser/StarTraks8 of 15
- Photo: Matt Sayles/AP9 of 15
- Photo: STICKMAN/Bauer-Griffin10 of 15
- Photo: New Line cinema; AP/Promotional11 of 15
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Chris Pizzello/AP12 of 15
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News13 of 15
- Photo: Bruja/Pacific Coast News14 of 15
More Celeb News
- Thompson, Fantagraphics co-publisher, dies at 56MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 4:30:39 PM
- 'Hemlock Grove' Renewed for Season 2MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 4:19:55 PM
- Kelsey Grammer, Martin Lawrence Land Lawyer Comedy at FX MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 3:51:37 PM
- Music Journalist Chet Flippo Dead at 69MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 3:26:04 PM
- Owen Wilson and Woody Harrelson Go Back In Time in 'Free Bird's Trailer (Video)MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 3:01:15 PM
- Thompson, Fantagraphics co-publisher, dies at 56
Louis Bardo Bullock loves his mom -- but so do moviegoers.
Over two years after wrapping her last film, an Oscar-winning turn in "The Blind Side," Sandra Bullock finally returns to the big screen in "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close," out this month.
At a Sunday press conference for the film (co-starring Tom Hanks and directed by Stephen Daldry) in New York, Bullock, 47, told reporters that she waited carefully before returning to her day job after adopting baby Louis in January 2010. Just two months later, in late March, her six-year marriage to Jesse James imploded following his alleged affairs with multiple women.
One reporter asked the star if she considered leaving the acting profession altogether after becoming a single mom. "I wasn't thinking about any of that," Bullock replied. "I was just so happy being a mom. I'm still very happy being a mom. That just shifted and became my full priority."
Bullock, who has remained single since she and James, 42, finalized their divorce in summer 2010, has spent time with her adorable little boy in their homes in Los Angeles, New Orleans and Austin, Tex.
"Extremely Loud"director Daldry finally compelled the star to get back in front of the cameras, thanks not only to a moving 9/11 story based on author Jonathan Safran Foer's acclaimed novel, but a willingness to accommodate Bullock's schedule as a mother.
"Whatever next opportunity that I was given had to be an amazing opportunity for myself and for my son. So we had a great time," Bullock explained. "It was no longer being a selfish actress having a moment. I wanted to have an amazing time with [Louis] and myself, and fortunately, Mr. Daldry presented that. In every possible way, it was the best!"
And the material -- a family story taking place on Sept. 11, 2011 -- definitely resonated for the star, who was in Manhattan, N.Y., on that tragic day.
"I was there and I saw it. I saw the second plane," she said at the press conference. "I saw the people. I saw people helping people, and that to me is what resonates about the city of New York," she said of the historic moment.
"So, I have so many memories and emotions of it. Some of them still don't register," she admitted. "In a good way, I hope that it doesn't ever leave, that vibrancy of what happened, because it made me aware of so many things that I wasn't aware of before. As long as everyone can talk about it and grieve…You should be able to grieve."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
- Fashion Offenders for June 14, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for June 6, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for May 31, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for May 24, 2013.
- Fashion Offenders for May 17, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for May 10, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for May 3, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for April 26, 2013.
- Fashion Offenders for April 19, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for April 12, 2013.
- Fashion Offenders for April 5, 2013.
- Fashion Offenders for March 29, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for March 22, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for March 15, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for March 8, 2013
Check out some of Kim Kardashian's tightest outfits.Watch Video »
Ashley Greene reveals a painful wound from a wild Bali vacation on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
From Jennifer Lawrence to Rihanna, see the best off-season celeb bikini bods.Watch Video »
From David Beckham to Ben Affleck, check out Hollywood's hottest dads.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite