Sarah Jessica Parker: Kids Can Complicate a Marriage
- Photo: Splash News1 of 20
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP2 of 20
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP3 of 20
- Photo: StarTraks4 of 20
- Photo: Joseph Marzullo/WENN5 of 20
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP6 of 20
- Photo: Mark Von Holden/WireImage.com7 of 20
- Photo: Humberto Carreno/StarTraks8 of 20
- Photo: DCA/http://www.wenn.com/9 of 20
- Photo: INB/WENN10 of 20
- Photo: FREDDIE BAEZ/StarTraks11 of 20
- Photo: Snapper Media/Bauer-Griffin12 of 20
- Photo: FREDDIE BAEZ/StarTraks13 of 20
- Photo: PMK/WENN14 of 20
- Photo: WENN15 of 20
- Photo: Splash News/Splash News16 of 20
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News17 of 20
- Photo: Tom Meinelt-Jason Winslow/Splash News18 of 20
- Photo: JM11/WENN19 of 20
More Celeb News
- First Look: Ming-Na Wen is Back at Mulan — This Time on Sofia the FirstMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 7:48:00 AM
- Monstrous Meals: Chef Josh Capon Talks FrankenfoodMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 7:48:00 AM
- Syfy's Face Off Returns With a Devious TwistMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 7:48:00 AM
- Why Terry Crews Wants to Be a MillionaireMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 7:47:00 AM
- Julianne Moore, Jake Gyllenhaal, Jessica Chastain Films Headed to Toronto Film FestivalMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 7:35:00 AM
- First Look: Ming-Na Wen is Back at Mulan — This Time on Sofia the First
Sarah Jessica Parker is no ordinary working mother.
In 2011 alone, she's starred in two movies, produced a television show for Bravo and campaigned for a third "Sex and the City" film -- all while raising son James Wilkie, 8, and twins Tabitha and Loretta, 2.
Because of her jam-packed schedule, Parker quickly realized she can't be everything to everybody -- especially her husband of 14 years, Matthew Broderick.
"Kids can really distract you from your relationship," she tells the UK's Telegraph. "Maybe in good ways and bad ways. It's important to have all eyes on all parts of the relationship."
Parker, who calls herself "an eternal optimist," admits her marriage to the 49-year-old actor hasn't always been easy.
"We've been together for 20 years and you have good days, you have decent days, and you have bad days. That's a marriage. That's a relationship. That's a friendship, even; relationships outside the marriage run the same course."
"If you're in it for the long haul and you want meaningful relationships, you are going to go through lots of different periods."
The New York-based actress tells the Telegraph her list of responsibilities has only grown longer with time.
"Going from one to three children is a much bigger adjustment than becoming a mother in the first place," she says. "One child in retrospect seems a cake walk compared to where I stand today." (Parker and Broderick welcomed their twins via surrogate in 2009.)
"Children provide a whole new set of concerns," Parker, 46, adds. "Who knows what I'll be insecure about next week?"
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Star Inspired Ink
From Ryan Cabrera to Megan Fox, see celebs who've gotten tattoos of other stars.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWhere Are They?
From Crowd Ignite