Sarah Jessica Parker: My feet are deformed from years of wearing high heels
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP1 of 11
- Photo: Rex USA2 of 11
- Photo: WENN3 of 11
- Photo: WENN4 of 11
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage5 of 11
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP6 of 11
- Photo: FREDDIE BAEZ/StarTraks7 of 11
- Photo: MIKE DISCIULLO/EROTEME.CO.UK/Bauer-Griffin8 of 11
- Photo: JMF/WENN9 of 11
- Photo: Tony Clark/WENN10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Will Google and Microsoft Put Their Money Where Their Mouth Is? (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 5:18:52 PM
- Daytime Talkshow 'The Real' to Air in More Than 70 Percent of the CountryMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 5:00:47 PM
- Channing Tatum Saves Mila Kunis in 'Jupiter Ascending' Trailer From 'MatrMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 4:40:28 PM
- Eleanor Parker, 'Sound of Music' Actress, Dead at 91MSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 4:30:05 PM
- Jake Gyllenhaal on 'Prisoners' and Why Good Cops Have Criminal MindsMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 4:20:41 PM
- Will Google and Microsoft Put Their Money Where Their Mouth Is? (Video)
Heels-loving Kim Kardashian may want to listen to what Sarah Jessica Parker has to say about stilettos. In the latest issue of Net-a-Porter's online magazine, the "Sex and the City" star, who made Manolo Blahnik a household name, says she's trading in her heels for sneaks these days -- on doctor's orders.
"For 10 or so years, I literally ran in heels. I worked 18-hour days and never took them off. I wore beautiful shoes, some better made than others, and never complained," the actress, 47, told the magazine.
After twisting her ankle on the set of "I Don't Know How She Does It," in which she wore less expensive shoes to be true to her working-mom character, she says, "I went to a foot doctor and he said, 'Your foot does things it shouldn't be able to do. That bone there. ... You've created that bone. It doesn't belong there.' The moral of the story is, the chickens are coming home to roost. It's sad, because my feet took me all over the world, but eventually they were like, 'You know what, we are really tired, can you just stop -- and don't put cheap shoes on us?'"
The couture-addicted actress still wears heels to fancy events, but with three kids to run after (James Wilkie, 10, and twin girls Marion and Tabitha, 3), downtime is spent largely in more comfortable footwear -- probably to her fashion-loving girls' chagrin. "The emotions run so much higher," Parker says of her daughters. "The arguing about clothes? I am stunned. We have a whole fashion system to try and override the fighting.”
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
Heidi Klum, Selena Gomez, LeAnn Rimes and Kyle Richards show off their holiday spirit on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Elsa Pataky to Ginnifer Goodwin, see some of Hollywood's new baby bumps on Wonderwall Replay.Watch Video »
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
Former "Housewife" Lydia McLaughlin dishes about leaving the "RHOC," her stance on plastic surgery and more!Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHoliday Spirit
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite