Sarah Jessica Parker: My feet are deformed from years of wearing high heelsRelated: Sarah Jessica Parker
- Photo: Charles Sykes/AP1 of 11
- Photo: Rex USA2 of 11
- Photo: WENN3 of 11
- Photo: WENN4 of 11
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage5 of 11
- Photo: Evan Agostini/AP6 of 11
- Photo: FREDDIE BAEZ/StarTraks7 of 11
- Photo: MIKE DISCIULLO/EROTEME.CO.UK/Bauer-Griffin8 of 11
- Photo: JMF/WENN9 of 11
- Photo: Tony Clark/WENN10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Kelsey Grammer, Martin Lawrence Land Lawyer Comedy at FX MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 3:51:37 PM
- Music Journalist Chet Flippo Dead at 69MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 3:26:04 PM
- Owen Wilson and Woody Harrelson Go Back In Time in 'Free Bird's Trailer (Video)MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 3:01:15 PM
- Jason Schwartzman Joins Christoph Waltz, Amy Adams in Tim Burton's 'Big Eyes&aMSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 2:59:22 PM
- Michael Cera Having a High Time in 'Crystal Fairy' Trailer (Video)MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 2:55:28 PM
- Kelsey Grammer, Martin Lawrence Land Lawyer Comedy at FX
Heels-loving Kim Kardashian may want to listen to what Sarah Jessica Parker has to say about stilettos. In the latest issue of Net-a-Porter's online magazine, the "Sex and the City" star, who made Manolo Blahnik a household name, says she's trading in her heels for sneaks these days -- on doctor's orders.
"For 10 or so years, I literally ran in heels. I worked 18-hour days and never took them off. I wore beautiful shoes, some better made than others, and never complained," the actress, 47, told the magazine.
After twisting her ankle on the set of "I Don't Know How She Does It," in which she wore less expensive shoes to be true to her working-mom character, she says, "I went to a foot doctor and he said, 'Your foot does things it shouldn't be able to do. That bone there. ... You've created that bone. It doesn't belong there.' The moral of the story is, the chickens are coming home to roost. It's sad, because my feet took me all over the world, but eventually they were like, 'You know what, we are really tired, can you just stop -- and don't put cheap shoes on us?'"
The couture-addicted actress still wears heels to fancy events, but with three kids to run after (James Wilkie, 10, and twin girls Marion and Tabitha, 3), downtime is spent largely in more comfortable footwear -- probably to her fashion-loving girls' chagrin. "The emotions run so much higher," Parker says of her daughters. "The arguing about clothes? I am stunned. We have a whole fashion system to try and override the fighting.”
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
- Michelle Williams and Jason Segel are moving on!
- Wedding bells and baby rattles for Jennifer Love H
- Gisele Bundchen's bikini bod after baby
- Kim Kardashian's Last Trip to Paris Before Baby
- Prince Harry's scandal-free trip to the US
- Miley and Liam: Engagement Intervention?
- The Kardashians Luxurious Greek Getaway
- Will Sharon and Ozzy’s marriage survive his addiction issues?
- Why does Bradley Cooper live with his mom?
- Jessica Alba and Nicole Richie's Hot Caribbean Vacation
- Heidi Klum's Dramatic Beach Rescue
- Is Hayden Panettiere Secretly Engaged?
- Is Lindsay Lohan Ready to Clean Up Her Life?
- Are Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Over?
- Is Duchess Kate Expecting a Daughter?
Check out some of Kim Kardashian's tightest outfits.Watch Video »
Demi Lovato drops some major newborn scoop about Selena Gomez's family on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Ashley Greene reveals a painful wound from a wild Bali vacation on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
From Jennifer Lawrence to Rihanna, see the best off-season celeb bikini bods.Watch Video »
Check out some of Olivia Wilde's best street style.Watch Video »
See how Brad Pitt's looks have changed over the years.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite