Sarah Jessica Parker: My feet are deformed from years of wearing high heels
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP1 of 11
- Photo: Rex USA2 of 11
- Photo: WENN3 of 11
- Photo: WENN4 of 11
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage5 of 11
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP6 of 11
- Photo: FREDDIE BAEZ/StarTraks7 of 11
- Photo: MIKE DISCIULLO/EROTEME.CO.UK/Bauer-Griffin8 of 11
- Photo: JMF/WENN9 of 11
- Photo: Tony Clark/WENN10 of 11
More Celeb News
- 'Saved by the Bell' Casting Director on Returning for the Movie, Why Finding a NewMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 11:11:00 AM
- VENICE WATCH: McDormand hails female storiesMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 10:20:02 AM
- 'Guardians' tops Labor Day, summer box officeMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 10:07:27 AM
- Jennifer Lawrence requests nude pics investigationMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 9:43:01 AM
- Barnes, Heigl in tune in romance 'Jackie and Ryan'MSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 7:47:36 AM
- 'Saved by the Bell' Casting Director on Returning for the Movie, Why Finding a New
Heels-loving Kim Kardashian may want to listen to what Sarah Jessica Parker has to say about stilettos. In the latest issue of Net-a-Porter's online magazine, the "Sex and the City" star, who made Manolo Blahnik a household name, says she's trading in her heels for sneaks these days -- on doctor's orders.
"For 10 or so years, I literally ran in heels. I worked 18-hour days and never took them off. I wore beautiful shoes, some better made than others, and never complained," the actress, 47, told the magazine.
After twisting her ankle on the set of "I Don't Know How She Does It," in which she wore less expensive shoes to be true to her working-mom character, she says, "I went to a foot doctor and he said, 'Your foot does things it shouldn't be able to do. That bone there. ... You've created that bone. It doesn't belong there.' The moral of the story is, the chickens are coming home to roost. It's sad, because my feet took me all over the world, but eventually they were like, 'You know what, we are really tired, can you just stop -- and don't put cheap shoes on us?'"
The couture-addicted actress still wears heels to fancy events, but with three kids to run after (James Wilkie, 10, and twin girls Marion and Tabitha, 3), downtime is spent largely in more comfortable footwear -- probably to her fashion-loving girls' chagrin. "The emotions run so much higher," Parker says of her daughters. "The arguing about clothes? I am stunned. We have a whole fashion system to try and override the fighting.”
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
See where Hollywood's A-listers have spent the summer.Watch Video »
Get Mariah and Nick's marital woe breakdown on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Biel, see what your favorite celebs look like sans makeup.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTPrivacy Violation
From Crowd Ignite