- Photo: Johns PkI/Splash News1 of 9
- Photo: Evan Agostini/AP2 of 9
- Photo: James Veysey / Camera Press/Retna Digital3 of 9
- Photo: Pacific Coast News4 of 9
- Photo: New Line Cinema5 of 9
- Photo: Gina James/Graylock.com/Retna Ltd.6 of 9
- Photo: RD / Dziekan/Retna Digital7 of 9
- Photo: Henry S. Dziekan III/Retna Digital8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Studios Drool Over Sci-Fi Drama but Will Spielberg Take It to TV?MSNEntertainment 5/23/2013 2:42:16 PM
- YouTube Sensation Charles Ramsey to Be Honored With Statue MSNEntertainment 5/23/2013 2:22:56 PM
- Will 'Star Trek' Success Heal the Hurt Between Paramount and J.J. Abrams? (Video)MSNEntertainment 5/23/2013 1:41:14 PM
- ABC Family Orders New Spelling Bee Game ShowMSNEntertainment 5/23/2013 1:24:11 PM
- 'American Horror Story' Star Evan Peters Joins 'X-Men: Days of Future PasMSNEntertainment 5/23/2013 1:16:56 PM
- Studios Drool Over Sci-Fi Drama but Will Spielberg Take It to TV?
LONDON (AP) -- Sarah Jessica Parker is looking forward to a family Christmas.
That's because she won't be the only female in the house this year; her baby girls, Marion and Tabitha, will also be part of the festivities. The twins were born last June to a surrogate and the actress is eager to, well ... spoil them.
"I bought dolls for the first time in my life, it was very exciting," she said.
Parker was in London recently to promote her latest movie "Did You Hear About the Morgans?" which opens Friday. Luckily, she's also been able to stock up on presents for her children during her visit. Beside the twins, she has a son, James, with husband Matthew Broderick.
Just like Parker and Carrie Bradshaw of "Sex and the City," her new character, Meryl Morgan, is a New Yorker. Unfortunately for Meryl, she is banished from her beloved Manhattan along with her estranged husband and forced to hide out in Wyoming after the two witness a murder.
Full of exuberance about New York, family, the holidays and, of course, her new movie, Parker sat down for a conversation with The Associated Press:
AP: So what attracted you to the "Morgans" role?
Sarah Jessica Parker: Hugh Grant. The idea of a romantic comedy with Hugh Grant.
AP: Would you class yourself as a New Yorker?
SJP: I would, I've lived there for 32 years now; it's the only place I've lived as a grown up and it's everything I know. My home's there, my children, my extended family, my parents. I love a city, and I specifically love New York City, and I have from the very first moment I stepped foot on the island.
AP: How would you define a New Yorker?
SJP: Independent, candid, devoted, impatient, hospitable, proud.
AP: There's a scene in the film where Grant's character gives your character a CD of New York noises so that she can sleep. Do you share some of those feelings?
SJP: I really actually do, I have a problem with too much quiet — from the time I was a little girl, I think partially because I'm one of eight kids. It was always just chaos in my house. I always remember noise and for me, it's honestly like a lullaby — the sound of sirens and taxis honking and people honestly screaming at each other, which we hear all the time. I love that.
AP: There's a moment in this film when she's going to the country and she can't decide what clothes to take with her. Are you a fashion conscious person?
SJP: I love well-made clothes and its fun and it's a delight to get to borrow them and wear them. I love fittings as part of an actress' life, but it's not a preoccupation for me and I think that's the difference. I have tremendous respect for designers. ... I'm very fond of the world, but I'm not preoccupied. That's a big difference between myself and Carrie Bradshaw.
AP: Do you like this time of year, the festive season? What are your plans?
SJP: I can't wait and get the house ready. We're going to buy our tree on the 19th. It will stand naked until Christmas Eve, and we'll put the children to bed and we'll decorate the tree when the children are in bed. We'll leave cookies and milk for Santa, and oats for the reindeer, and wake up Christmas morning and they'll start ripping through presents.
AP: What kind of present buyer are you?
SJP: It's all here (gestures to her head) like all women across the globe. We don't need to write down things, we don't need to make lists. It's all here.
- Twitter AttackFind out who went after Kendall Jenner on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- 'Fast' TalkWatch as the cast of "Fast & furious 6" talk about getting injuries while filming, getting jacked and a whole lot more.Watch Video »
- Feeling SwollenKim Kardashian says her pregnancy lips are out of control, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Moving OutRobert Pattinson has moved out of the house he shared with Kristen Stewart, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Who Am I?Check out how Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and more stars of "Fast & Furious 6" looked when they were in high school.Watch Video »
- LovebirdsFind out what Jessica Alba and Cash Warren tweeted to each other on their fifth wedding anniversary on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Worst LooksCheck out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- What's Sexy?Heidi Klum hangs with two comedy legends and shares what she finds most sexy in a man on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Sexy SecretsVictoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
- American TravelsGet the Prince's travel details on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Birthday GirlTori Spelling turns 40, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersFlorence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Roasted?Lindsay Lohan refuses to be roasted, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Beach WorkoutsFrom Julianne Hough to Alessandra Ambrosio, see celebs who get their fitness on in the sand.Watch Video »
- Miley's MusicMiley Cyrus mixes music and fashion while ignoring her relationship status, on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Royal AdviceSnooki gives Prince Harry some advice, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite