Scarlett: 'I liked being married' to Ryan
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage1 of 19
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com2 of 19
- Photo: Splash News3 of 19
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com4 of 19
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com5 of 19
- Photo: JLM/Splash News6 of 19
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage7 of 19
- Photo: Kiley Bishop/London Ent/Splash News8 of 19
- Photo: MUNAWAR HOSAIN/StarTraks9 of 19
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage10 of 19
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage11 of 19
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage12 of 19
- Photo: Jackson Lee/NPG13 of 19
- Photo: INB/WENN14 of 19
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage15 of 19
- Photo: Orchon/Retna Digital16 of 19
- Photo: DDAA/ZOB/WENN17 of 19
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage18 of 19
More Celeb News
- Report: Joan Rivers Being Taken Out of ComaMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 2:46:00 PM
- 'Saved by the Bell' Casting Director on Returning for the Movie, Why Finding a NewMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 11:11:00 AM
- VENICE WATCH: McDormand hails female storiesMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 10:20:02 AM
- 'Guardians' tops Labor Day, summer box officeMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 10:07:27 AM
- Jennifer Lawrence requests nude pics investigationMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 9:43:01 AM
- Report: Joan Rivers Being Taken Out of Coma
By Entertainment Tonight
The usually private Scarlett Johansson gets surprisingly candid in a new interview with Elle UK, where the "Avengers" star talks marriage, her super-sexy image and how she dealt with her hacked nude pics scandal.
In particular, Scarlett, 28, opens up about her marriage to Ryan Reynolds, whom she divorced in 2011 after two years together.
"I got married when I was young and it was incredibly romantic and I liked being married, actually," she says. "But it is different. It's hard to put into words. To me, being in a functioning relationship doesn't mean you have to be married. ... I never think about marriage. Is that weird? The only time I ever think about it is when people ask me, 'Would I get married again?'"
She also reveals that marriage in general is "not important" to her, and that she isn't making baby plans anytime soon.
"It's really not important to me. It has no relevance to me right now. I'm not having kids any time soon, I'm in a nice relationship, I'm working a lot, and, like I said, it's not important to me," she says.
Scarlett is reportedly in a relationship with French journalist Romain Dauriac, whom she was snapped kissing in December.
As for her sexy "curvy girl" image in Hollywood, she explains that it was pretty much forced upon her.
"I think any woman who is curvy and wears a gown to an event is, like, super-sexualized. I mean, at the time I was 18, 19. I was young. I've always been curvy. It runs in the family," she says. "Throw on an evening frock and it's like all of a sudden you have boobs and everyone is like: 'Bombshell!' Instantly it was: 'The new Marilyn [Monroe].'"
But not all publicity has been so "flattering" for Scarlett -- she had to deal with major drama when her nude pics, which she has said were originally meant for Reynolds, were hacked.
"It was a crazy time. I had some problems in my family and publicly, my relationship -- all that stuff. It was like 'Oh man, what next?'" she says about the dark time in her life. "But life has ebbs and flows, don't you think? Things are more manageable now, but I'm sure something will crumble ... I keep it together. I am relatively composed but I can also lose my s---. I'm pretty controlled, and probably controlling too, for better or worse. I'm working on it ..."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get out the vote
See where Hollywood's A-listers have spent the summer.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Get Mariah and Nick's marital woe breakdown on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Kendall and Kylie take Wonderwall behind the scenes at a photo shoot and chat family, embarrassing style moments and more!Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite