Scarlett: 'I liked being married' to Ryan
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage1 of 19
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com2 of 19
- Photo: Splash News3 of 19
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com4 of 19
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com5 of 19
- Photo: JLM/Splash News6 of 19
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage7 of 19
- Photo: Kiley Bishop/London Ent/Splash News8 of 19
- Photo: MUNAWAR HOSAIN/StarTraks9 of 19
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage10 of 19
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage11 of 19
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage12 of 19
- Photo: Jackson Lee/NPG13 of 19
- Photo: INB/WENN14 of 19
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage15 of 19
- Photo: Orchon/Retna Digital16 of 19
- Photo: DDAA/ZOB/WENN17 of 19
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage18 of 19
More Celeb News
- 'Tim's Vermeer' Review: Penn & Teller's Doc a Magic Mix MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 7:13:06 AM
- 'GMA': Amy Robach Plans to Work Through Chemo (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 7:09:52 AM
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2 Trailer: Green Goblin Takes Center Stage (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 6:32:41 AM
- Malcolm McDowell Joins Gael Garcia Bernal in 'Mozart in the Jungle'MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 6:15:10 AM
- 'Decoding Annie Parker' Starring Helen Hunt, Samantha Morton Picked Up By eOne FilMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 6:57:26 PM
- 'Tim's Vermeer' Review: Penn & Teller's Doc a Magic Mix
By Entertainment Tonight
The usually private Scarlett Johansson gets surprisingly candid in a new interview with Elle UK, where the "Avengers" star talks marriage, her super-sexy image and how she dealt with her hacked nude pics scandal.
In particular, Scarlett, 28, opens up about her marriage to Ryan Reynolds, whom she divorced in 2011 after two years together.
"I got married when I was young and it was incredibly romantic and I liked being married, actually," she says. "But it is different. It's hard to put into words. To me, being in a functioning relationship doesn't mean you have to be married. ... I never think about marriage. Is that weird? The only time I ever think about it is when people ask me, 'Would I get married again?'"
She also reveals that marriage in general is "not important" to her, and that she isn't making baby plans anytime soon.
"It's really not important to me. It has no relevance to me right now. I'm not having kids any time soon, I'm in a nice relationship, I'm working a lot, and, like I said, it's not important to me," she says.
Scarlett is reportedly in a relationship with French journalist Romain Dauriac, whom she was snapped kissing in December.
As for her sexy "curvy girl" image in Hollywood, she explains that it was pretty much forced upon her.
"I think any woman who is curvy and wears a gown to an event is, like, super-sexualized. I mean, at the time I was 18, 19. I was young. I've always been curvy. It runs in the family," she says. "Throw on an evening frock and it's like all of a sudden you have boobs and everyone is like: 'Bombshell!' Instantly it was: 'The new Marilyn [Monroe].'"
But not all publicity has been so "flattering" for Scarlett -- she had to deal with major drama when her nude pics, which she has said were originally meant for Reynolds, were hacked.
"It was a crazy time. I had some problems in my family and publicly, my relationship -- all that stuff. It was like 'Oh man, what next?'" she says about the dark time in her life. "But life has ebbs and flows, don't you think? Things are more manageable now, but I'm sure something will crumble ... I keep it together. I am relatively composed but I can also lose my s---. I'm pretty controlled, and probably controlling too, for better or worse. I'm working on it ..."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Girls Night Out
It's a girls night out for celebs like Jennifer Lopez, Khloe Kardashian, Leah Remini, Brooklyn Decker, and more on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From slicked back hair to drop-crotch pants, check out some of the biggest fashion blunders of the year.Watch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
See some of the hottest celebs that joined frats and sororities while in college.Watch Video »
Taylor Swift shares stunning photos of her time in New Zealand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of Ryan Gosling's hottest moments from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTCause of Death
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite