- Photo: Alberto E. Rodriguez/WireImage1 of 17
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/AP2 of 17
- Photo: J. Vespa/WireImage3 of 17
- Photo: Peter Kramer/AP4 of 17
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage5 of 17
- Photo: Antonio Calanni/AP6 of 17
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage7 of 17
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/AP8 of 17
- Photo: Dave Allocca/AP9 of 17
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage10 of 17
- Photo: WireImage11 of 17
- Photo: HRC/WENN12 of 17
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage13 of 17
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage14 of 17
- Photo: Fotonoticias/WireImage15 of 17
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Cannes: Top French Filmmaker Olivier Assayas to Make First U.S. FilmMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 10:01:06 AM
- USA Orders Comedy Pilot From 'Fairly Legal' EP Peter OckoMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 9:47:08 AM
- A Peek Into the Soul of the Great Cinematographer Gordon Willis (Videos)MSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 9:36:06 AM
- Ratings: NBC Tops With Slipping 'Voice' as ABC Wins in Total Viewers With &apoMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 9:21:00 AM
- Blake Shelton putting together Okla. benefit showMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 9:13:57 AM
- Cannes: Top French Filmmaker Olivier Assayas to Make First U.S. Film
Things are just fine with Scarlett Johansson and her mom Melanie Sloan, thank you very much.
Over the weekend, the New York Post reported that Johansson's former "momager," Sloan, 60, had fallen upon hard times financially. Two months after signing a contract to purchase a posh two-bedroom apartment in midtown New York for $1.4 million, Sloan filed court papers for the return of her $130,000 deposit.
Sloan told the court she was "cash poor" and could not obtain a mortgage. She was the longtime manager for her movie-star daughter, now 27, until they parted ways professionally two years ago, when the "We Bought a Zoo" actress hired a professional manager.
"Once I got married [to Ryan Reynolds], I felt that I needed to cut the cord," Johansson told Vanity Fair of the decision.
But that professional parting -- and Sloan's current struggle to make ends meet -- hasn't soured the mother-daughter bond, Johansson told Page Six in a statement Wednesday.
"Scarlett and Melanie are as close as they have ever been" Johansson's rep said. "They are incredibly proud of the solid and productive professional partnership they had through the many years they worked together. Their personal relationship is solid and loving."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
See how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
Robert Pattinson has moved out of the house he shared with Kristen Stewart, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
Who Am I?
Check out how Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and more stars of "Fast & Furious 6" looked when they were in high school.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
Check out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
From the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite