Scarlett Johansson Denies Rift With Mom Over Money
- Photo: Alberto E. Rodriguez/WireImage1 of 17
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP2 of 17
- Photo: J. Vespa/WireImage3 of 17
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP4 of 17
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage5 of 17
- Photo: Antonio Calanni/Invision/AP6 of 17
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage7 of 17
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP8 of 17
- Photo: Dave Allocca/Invision/AP9 of 17
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage10 of 17
- Photo: WireImage11 of 17
- Photo: HRC/WENN12 of 17
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage13 of 17
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage14 of 17
- Photo: Fotonoticias/WireImage15 of 17
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage16 of 17
More Celeb News
- NBC Renews UndateableMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 5:54:00 AM
- Pamela Anderson wants Faeroes to stop whale driveMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 5:34:53 AM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 8:25 a.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 5:25:28 AM
- Sundance Film Festival Expands to Hong KongMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 11:12:00 PM
- 'Undateable' Gets Second Season From NBCMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 9:18:00 PM
- NBC Renews Undateable
Things are just fine with Scarlett Johansson and her mom Melanie Sloan, thank you very much.
Over the weekend, the New York Post reported that Johansson's former "momager," Sloan, 60, had fallen upon hard times financially. Two months after signing a contract to purchase a posh two-bedroom apartment in midtown New York for $1.4 million, Sloan filed court papers for the return of her $130,000 deposit.
Sloan told the court she was "cash poor" and could not obtain a mortgage. She was the longtime manager for her movie-star daughter, now 27, until they parted ways professionally two years ago, when the "We Bought a Zoo" actress hired a professional manager.
"Once I got married [to Ryan Reynolds], I felt that I needed to cut the cord," Johansson told Vanity Fair of the decision.
But that professional parting -- and Sloan's current struggle to make ends meet -- hasn't soured the mother-daughter bond, Johansson told Page Six in a statement Wednesday.
"Scarlett and Melanie are as close as they have ever been" Johansson's rep said. "They are incredibly proud of the solid and productive professional partnership they had through the many years they worked together. Their personal relationship is solid and loving."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Check out some of the cutest celeb baby bumps hitting the beach this summer.Watch Video »
From Benji Madden and Cameron Diaz to Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon, take a look at some of Hollywood's strangest couples.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSmooch Central
From Crowd Ignite