Scarlett Johansson Denies Rift With Mom Over Money
- Photo: Alberto E. Rodriguez/WireImage1 of 17
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP2 of 17
- Photo: J. Vespa/WireImage3 of 17
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP4 of 17
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage5 of 17
- Photo: Antonio Calanni/Invision/AP6 of 17
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage7 of 17
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP8 of 17
- Photo: Dave Allocca/Invision/AP9 of 17
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage10 of 17
- Photo: WireImage11 of 17
- Photo: HRC/WENN12 of 17
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage13 of 17
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage14 of 17
- Photo: Fotonoticias/WireImage15 of 17
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage16 of 17
More Celeb News
- R. Kelly Performs Song He Wrote for Nelson Mandela on 'Arsenio' (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 5:09:35 PM
- 'The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug' Review: Peter Jackson's Second VersMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 5:03:45 PM
- Fox Sports 1 Scores Best Ratings Week Since August LaunchMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 4:44:04 PM
- New York Post Settles Racial and Sexual Discrimination LawsuitMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 4:30:51 PM
- 'American Hustle' Cast To Be Honored by Palm Springs FestMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 4:20:58 PM
- R. Kelly Performs Song He Wrote for Nelson Mandela on 'Arsenio' (Video)
Things are just fine with Scarlett Johansson and her mom Melanie Sloan, thank you very much.
Over the weekend, the New York Post reported that Johansson's former "momager," Sloan, 60, had fallen upon hard times financially. Two months after signing a contract to purchase a posh two-bedroom apartment in midtown New York for $1.4 million, Sloan filed court papers for the return of her $130,000 deposit.
Sloan told the court she was "cash poor" and could not obtain a mortgage. She was the longtime manager for her movie-star daughter, now 27, until they parted ways professionally two years ago, when the "We Bought a Zoo" actress hired a professional manager.
"Once I got married [to Ryan Reynolds], I felt that I needed to cut the cord," Johansson told Vanity Fair of the decision.
But that professional parting -- and Sloan's current struggle to make ends meet -- hasn't soured the mother-daughter bond, Johansson told Page Six in a statement Wednesday.
"Scarlett and Melanie are as close as they have ever been" Johansson's rep said. "They are incredibly proud of the solid and productive professional partnership they had through the many years they worked together. Their personal relationship is solid and loving."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
Carrie Underwood tweets about her "Sound of Music" experience on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Girls Night Out
It's a girls night out for celebs like Jennifer Lopez, Khloe Kardashian, Leah Remini, Brooklyn Decker, and more on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
From Jenny and Donnie to Amanda and Justin, see more celebs who found new love in 2013.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTFashion Offenders
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite