Scarlett Johansson Denies Rift With Mom Over Money
- Photo: Alberto E. Rodriguez/WireImage1 of 17
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP2 of 17
- Photo: J. Vespa/WireImage3 of 17
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP4 of 17
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage5 of 17
- Photo: Antonio Calanni/Invision/AP6 of 17
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage7 of 17
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP8 of 17
- Photo: Dave Allocca/Invision/AP9 of 17
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage10 of 17
- Photo: WireImage11 of 17
- Photo: HRC/WENN12 of 17
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage13 of 17
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage14 of 17
- Photo: Fotonoticias/WireImage15 of 17
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Investigating Veronica Mars: Creator Rob Thomas on the Show's Enduring Legacy 10 Years LateMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:32:00 PM
- 8 Crazy Things to Expect on Sleepy Hollow Season 2MSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:32:00 PM
- Emmy Winner and Singer Polly Bergen Dies at 84MSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:22:00 PM
- Kim Kardashian Among the Latest Targeted in Nude Photo LeakMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:22:00 PM
- U2 guitarist gets boost in bid for Malibu mansionsMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 2:26:14 PM
- Investigating Veronica Mars: Creator Rob Thomas on the Show's Enduring Legacy 10 Years Late
Things are just fine with Scarlett Johansson and her mom Melanie Sloan, thank you very much.
Over the weekend, the New York Post reported that Johansson's former "momager," Sloan, 60, had fallen upon hard times financially. Two months after signing a contract to purchase a posh two-bedroom apartment in midtown New York for $1.4 million, Sloan filed court papers for the return of her $130,000 deposit.
Sloan told the court she was "cash poor" and could not obtain a mortgage. She was the longtime manager for her movie-star daughter, now 27, until they parted ways professionally two years ago, when the "We Bought a Zoo" actress hired a professional manager.
"Once I got married [to Ryan Reynolds], I felt that I needed to cut the cord," Johansson told Vanity Fair of the decision.
But that professional parting -- and Sloan's current struggle to make ends meet -- hasn't soured the mother-daughter bond, Johansson told Page Six in a statement Wednesday.
"Scarlett and Melanie are as close as they have ever been" Johansson's rep said. "They are incredibly proud of the solid and productive professional partnership they had through the many years they worked together. Their personal relationship is solid and loving."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Gisele Bundchen, Alessandra Ambrosio and more models share sweet snaps with their kids, hosted by Wonderwall correspondent Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
All Grown Up
Nick Jonas reveals how he celebrated his 22nd birthday on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Cara Delevingne, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Rihanna to Lady Gaga, scope out the worst dressed A-listers at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, Spring/ Summer 2015!Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTJLaw at iHeart
From Crowd Ignite