Scarlett Johansson: Don't Call Me ScarJo!
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage1 of 17
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP2 of 17
- Photo: HRC/WENN3 of 17
- Photo: Antonio Calanni/Invision/AP4 of 17
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP5 of 17
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP6 of 17
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage7 of 17
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage8 of 17
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage9 of 17
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage10 of 17
- Photo: Fotonoticias/WireImage11 of 17
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage12 of 17
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage13 of 17
- Photo: L. Cohen/WireImage14 of 17
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage15 of 17
- Photo: Andy Butterton/WireImage16 of 17
More Celeb News
- CW Scores Biggest Tuesday Audience in 5 Years With 'Originals,' 'SupernatMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:38:41 PM
- Paul Walker Death: 'Fast & Furious' Franchise Posts Tribute on YouTube (ViMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:35:39 PM
- If PG-13 Is the Moneymaker, Why Is Hollywood Cranking Out So Many R-Rated Movies?MSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:28:09 PM
- Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu to direct 'Jungle Book' movie for Warner Bros.MSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:26:12 PM
- Best & Worst 2013: Movie Moments of the Year '12 Years a Slave,' &apoMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:19:43 PM
- CW Scores Biggest Tuesday Audience in 5 Years With 'Originals,' 'Supernat
A nickname is often meant as a term of endearment.
But Scarlett Johansson doesn't take kindly to people shortening hers to "ScarJo."
"It's laziness," the 27-year-old actress told USA Today. "People can't actually say the whole name? It's just bizarre."
She pondered aloud why other stars didn't have their names shortened by the press -- like Daniel Day-Lewis as "DaDay" or Cate Blanchett as "CaBla."
"Why is that?" she quipped. "Why do I have to get 'stuck' with a mangled moniker?"
She told USA today if she hears someone refer to her as "ScarJo," she "[doesn't] know them at all."
In addition to being called a nickname she detests, Johansson endured a very public breakup from husband Ryan Reynolds and a split from boyfriend Sean Penn this past year. "The hardest part is actually going through whatever hardship you're facing. Going through it in public is the added unfortunate thing," she told USA Today. "There's nothing you can do about that."
Despite her hectic 2011, she said "it'd be silly to say, 'Oh, God, I can't wait for this year to end.' Why wish your time away?"
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Girls Night Out
It's a girls night out for celebs like Jennifer Lopez, Khloe Kardashian, Leah Remini, Brooklyn Decker, and more on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From slicked back hair to drop-crotch pants, check out some of the biggest fashion blunders of the year.Watch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
See some of the hottest celebs that joined frats and sororities while in college.Watch Video »
Taylor Swift shares stunning photos of her time in New Zealand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out which of Hollywood's geeky guys get all the hottest ladies.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBen vs. Casey
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite