Scarlett Johansson: Don't Call Me ScarJo!
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage1 of 17
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP2 of 17
- Photo: HRC/WENN3 of 17
- Photo: Antonio Calanni/Invision/AP4 of 17
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP5 of 17
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP6 of 17
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage7 of 17
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage8 of 17
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage9 of 17
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage10 of 17
- Photo: Fotonoticias/WireImage11 of 17
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage12 of 17
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage13 of 17
- Photo: L. Cohen/WireImage14 of 17
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage15 of 17
- Photo: Andy Butterton/WireImage16 of 17
More Celeb News
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 1:40:07 PM
- Zac Efron Shops Dildos in 'Neighbors,' Proving Once Again He's Far More TMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:43:00 AM
- '300: Rise of an Empire' Storms Overseas Box Office With $88 MillionMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:41:00 AM
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 2:47 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:40:29 AM
- Marvel expands Infinite with 'Ultimate Spider-Man'MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:33:56 AM
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
A nickname is often meant as a term of endearment.
But Scarlett Johansson doesn't take kindly to people shortening hers to "ScarJo."
"It's laziness," the 27-year-old actress told USA Today. "People can't actually say the whole name? It's just bizarre."
She pondered aloud why other stars didn't have their names shortened by the press -- like Daniel Day-Lewis as "DaDay" or Cate Blanchett as "CaBla."
"Why is that?" she quipped. "Why do I have to get 'stuck' with a mangled moniker?"
She told USA today if she hears someone refer to her as "ScarJo," she "[doesn't] know them at all."
In addition to being called a nickname she detests, Johansson endured a very public breakup from husband Ryan Reynolds and a split from boyfriend Sean Penn this past year. "The hardest part is actually going through whatever hardship you're facing. Going through it in public is the added unfortunate thing," she told USA Today. "There's nothing you can do about that."
Despite her hectic 2011, she said "it'd be silly to say, 'Oh, God, I can't wait for this year to end.' Why wish your time away?"
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Julianne Moore, Amy Adams, Kim Kardashian and Kris Jenner all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Christina Aguilera to Jennifer Hudson, see some of Hollywood's ever-changing waistlines.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite