Scarlett Johansson: Don't Call Me ScarJo!
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage1 of 17
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP2 of 17
- Photo: HRC/WENN3 of 17
- Photo: Antonio Calanni/Invision/AP4 of 17
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP5 of 17
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP6 of 17
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage7 of 17
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage8 of 17
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage9 of 17
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage10 of 17
- Photo: Fotonoticias/WireImage11 of 17
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage12 of 17
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage13 of 17
- Photo: L. Cohen/WireImage14 of 17
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage15 of 17
- Photo: Andy Butterton/WireImage16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Exclusive: General Hospital Supercouple Nancy Lee Grahn, William deVry Answer Fan QuestionsMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 8:59:00 AM
- Ratings: 'Extant' Drifts Down From Second EpisodeMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 8:56:00 AM
- Kelsey Grammer is a dad againMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 7:50:19 AM
- Shia LaBeouf given plea deal deadline in courtMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 7:27:09 AM
- Do Supernatural Shows Need a Human Element?MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 7:14:00 AM
- Exclusive: General Hospital Supercouple Nancy Lee Grahn, William deVry Answer Fan Questions
A nickname is often meant as a term of endearment.
But Scarlett Johansson doesn't take kindly to people shortening hers to "ScarJo."
"It's laziness," the 27-year-old actress told USA Today. "People can't actually say the whole name? It's just bizarre."
She pondered aloud why other stars didn't have their names shortened by the press -- like Daniel Day-Lewis as "DaDay" or Cate Blanchett as "CaBla."
"Why is that?" she quipped. "Why do I have to get 'stuck' with a mangled moniker?"
She told USA today if she hears someone refer to her as "ScarJo," she "[doesn't] know them at all."
In addition to being called a nickname she detests, Johansson endured a very public breakup from husband Ryan Reynolds and a split from boyfriend Sean Penn this past year. "The hardest part is actually going through whatever hardship you're facing. Going through it in public is the added unfortunate thing," she told USA Today. "There's nothing you can do about that."
Despite her hectic 2011, she said "it'd be silly to say, 'Oh, God, I can't wait for this year to end.' Why wish your time away?"
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian flaunts her bikini bod in two bizarre Instagram video clips on location in Thailand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek In Photos
From Crowd Ignite