Scarlett Johansson: Don't Call Me ScarJo!
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage1 of 17
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP2 of 17
- Photo: HRC/WENN3 of 17
- Photo: Antonio Calanni/Invision/AP4 of 17
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP5 of 17
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP6 of 17
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage7 of 17
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage8 of 17
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage9 of 17
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage10 of 17
- Photo: Fotonoticias/WireImage11 of 17
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage12 of 17
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage13 of 17
- Photo: L. Cohen/WireImage14 of 17
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage15 of 17
- Photo: Andy Butterton/WireImage16 of 17
More Celeb News
- 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' 9/11 Poster Shell Shocks Social MediaMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 11:14:00 AM
- Ice Cube, Dr. Dre Find Their MC Ren, DJ Yella for N.W.A. BiopicMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 11:00:00 AM
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Star Zoe Saldana Poses Nude for Women's Health MSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 10:52:00 AM
- VH1 Renews 'Hit the Floor' for Season 3MSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 10:37:00 AM
- Politico Editor Rachel Smolkin Jumps to CNN as Executive Editor, PoliticsMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 10:23:00 AM
- 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' 9/11 Poster Shell Shocks Social Media
A nickname is often meant as a term of endearment.
But Scarlett Johansson doesn't take kindly to people shortening hers to "ScarJo."
"It's laziness," the 27-year-old actress told USA Today. "People can't actually say the whole name? It's just bizarre."
She pondered aloud why other stars didn't have their names shortened by the press -- like Daniel Day-Lewis as "DaDay" or Cate Blanchett as "CaBla."
"Why is that?" she quipped. "Why do I have to get 'stuck' with a mangled moniker?"
She told USA today if she hears someone refer to her as "ScarJo," she "[doesn't] know them at all."
In addition to being called a nickname she detests, Johansson endured a very public breakup from husband Ryan Reynolds and a split from boyfriend Sean Penn this past year. "The hardest part is actually going through whatever hardship you're facing. Going through it in public is the added unfortunate thing," she told USA Today. "There's nothing you can do about that."
Despite her hectic 2011, she said "it'd be silly to say, 'Oh, God, I can't wait for this year to end.' Why wish your time away?"
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTerrible Trends
From Crowd Ignite