Scarlett Johansson: Marrying Ryan Reynolds Was 'the Best Thing I Ever Did'
- Photo: Promotional1 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: STICKMAN/Bauer-Griffin3 of 16
- Photo: New Line cinema; AP/Promotional4 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP5 of 16
- Photo: Tim McLean/Bauer-Griffin6 of 16
- Photo: Tim Mclean/Bauer-Griffin7 of 16
- Photo: Orchon/Retna Digital8 of 16
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage.com9 of 16
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/VF11/WireImage.com10 of 16
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage.com11 of 16
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com12 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP13 of 16
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/VF11/WireImage.com14 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Cheryl Cole Reunites With Simon Cowell for 'X Factor' UKMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:34:00 PM
- Fox Reorganizes Development and Programming DepartmentsMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Dan Harmon and Mitch Hurwitz Are Working on a Super-Secret ProjectMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:28:00 PM
- Sean Combs Bids Reported $200 Million for Fuse TV NetworkMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:12:00 PM
- Psych's James Roday to Star in CBS Relationship Comedy PilotMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:07:00 PM
- Cheryl Cole Reunites With Simon Cowell for 'X Factor' UK
In fact, the actress told Cosmopolitan's January issue that saying "I do" to Reynolds was "the best thing I ever did."
"I'm a big believer that when something feels right, you should do it," she told the magazine. "I'm a big believer in instinct. Getting married was the right thing to do because it was natural. It grew out of a romance and love and a desire to have a future with somebody, and I was very fortunate that I married somebody who turned out to be the person I thought he would be."
The "Avengers" star, 27, told Cosmopolitan she misses "having a partner and a confidant."
"Relationships are complicated," she mused. "Being married is a living, breathing process. I think I was not fully aware of the peaks and the valleys. I wasn't prepared to hunker down and do the work ... Both of us were extremely busy. We spent so much time apart. It's very difficult."
Since the couple's split in 2010, Reynolds, 35, has moved on with Blake Lively. Johansson had a five-month romance with Sean Penn, 51, that ended in June.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Oscar nominee Lupita Nyong’o shares her awards season journey (and meetings with Oprah, Sidney Poitier and the Dalai Lama!) on Celebs Gone SocialWatch Video »
Nicole Richie debuts a lavender hair color on Instagram on Celebs Gone Social. What does Kelly Osbourne have to do with it?Watch Video »
Drunk In Love
Jessica Simpon, Gisele Bundchen and more celebs share intimate pics of their partners on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite