Scarlett Johansson: Marrying Ryan Reynolds Was 'the Best Thing I Ever Did'
- Photo: Promotional1 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: STICKMAN/Bauer-Griffin3 of 16
- Photo: New Line cinema; AP/Promotional4 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP5 of 16
- Photo: Tim McLean/Bauer-Griffin6 of 16
- Photo: Tim Mclean/Bauer-Griffin7 of 16
- Photo: Orchon/Retna Digital8 of 16
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage.com9 of 16
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/VF11/WireImage.com10 of 16
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage.com11 of 16
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com12 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP13 of 16
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/VF11/WireImage.com14 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP15 of 16
More Celeb News
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Will Get Massive Rollout From SonyMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:32:00 PM
- Booboo Stewart Drama 'Sonata' Plucks Director Brendan Foley (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Look Out, Camp Counselors: A Friday the 13th Series Is in the WorksMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:26:00 PM
- 'Godzilla' Draws Fire in New IMAX Poster (Photo)MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:09:00 PM
- What Is Survivor's Jeremiah "Kicking Himself" Over?MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 3:29:00 PM
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Will Get Massive Rollout From Sony
In fact, the actress told Cosmopolitan's January issue that saying "I do" to Reynolds was "the best thing I ever did."
"I'm a big believer that when something feels right, you should do it," she told the magazine. "I'm a big believer in instinct. Getting married was the right thing to do because it was natural. It grew out of a romance and love and a desire to have a future with somebody, and I was very fortunate that I married somebody who turned out to be the person I thought he would be."
The "Avengers" star, 27, told Cosmopolitan she misses "having a partner and a confidant."
"Relationships are complicated," she mused. "Being married is a living, breathing process. I think I was not fully aware of the peaks and the valleys. I wasn't prepared to hunker down and do the work ... Both of us were extremely busy. We spent so much time apart. It's very difficult."
Since the couple's split in 2010, Reynolds, 35, has moved on with Blake Lively. Johansson had a five-month romance with Sean Penn, 51, that ended in June.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
From Lena Dunham to Kristen Stewart, see the most awkward red carpet posers.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, David Beckham, Justin Bieber and 50 Cent show off their globe-trotting travels on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTLife in Pics
From Crowd Ignite