Scarlett Johansson: Marrying Ryan Reynolds Was 'the Best Thing I Ever Did'
- Photo: Promotional1 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: STICKMAN/Bauer-Griffin3 of 16
- Photo: New Line cinema; AP/Promotional4 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP5 of 16
- Photo: Tim McLean/Bauer-Griffin6 of 16
- Photo: Tim Mclean/Bauer-Griffin7 of 16
- Photo: Orchon/Retna Digital8 of 16
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage.com9 of 16
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/VF11/WireImage.com10 of 16
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage.com11 of 16
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com12 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP13 of 16
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/VF11/WireImage.com14 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP15 of 16
More Celeb News
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debutMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 9:45:21 AM
- Wes Anderson 'Grand Budapest Hotel' Books Huge Limited Box-Office OpeningMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 9:03:00 AM
- Utah polygamous family says going on TV liberatingMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 8:43:52 AM
- Gettysburg wax museum selling historical figuresMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 8:19:01 AM
- '300: Rise of an Empire' Bloodies Box Office With $45 MillionMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 8:01:00 AM
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
In fact, the actress told Cosmopolitan's January issue that saying "I do" to Reynolds was "the best thing I ever did."
"I'm a big believer that when something feels right, you should do it," she told the magazine. "I'm a big believer in instinct. Getting married was the right thing to do because it was natural. It grew out of a romance and love and a desire to have a future with somebody, and I was very fortunate that I married somebody who turned out to be the person I thought he would be."
The "Avengers" star, 27, told Cosmopolitan she misses "having a partner and a confidant."
"Relationships are complicated," she mused. "Being married is a living, breathing process. I think I was not fully aware of the peaks and the valleys. I wasn't prepared to hunker down and do the work ... Both of us were extremely busy. We spent so much time apart. It's very difficult."
Since the couple's split in 2010, Reynolds, 35, has moved on with Blake Lively. Johansson had a five-month romance with Sean Penn, 51, that ended in June.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Kendall and Kylie take Wonderwall behind the scenes at a photo shoot and chat family, embarrassing style moments and more!Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Hank Azaria talks about his new documentary series "Fatherhood," his family and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
A pregnant Soleil Moon Frye sits down with Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner to talk about prepping for a baby boy and her busy career ...Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
From Reese Witherspoon to Hugh Jackman, see some of the best celeb bikini bods.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite