Scarlett Johansson on nude photo leak: 'It feels unjust'
- Photo: Antonio Calanni/Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: FSN-B/Retna Ltd.2 of 16
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/VF11/WireImage3 of 16
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage.com4 of 16
- Photo: DDAA/ZOB/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: JG3/ZJE/WENN6 of 16
- Photo: D&G/Promotional7 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP8 of 16
- Photo: BT1/WENN9 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP10 of 16
- Photo: NC1/WENN11 of 16
- Photo: Pierre/Stephane/Bauer-Griffin12 of 16
- Photo: Carlo Allegri/Invision/AP13 of 16
- Photo: Promotional14 of 16
- Photo: Alex Brandon/Invision/AP15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Hulu Inks Exclusive Deal to Stream Entire 'South Park' Library, Renews 'EMSNEntertainment 7/12/2014 3:24:00 PM
- Female Yahoo! Exec Being Sued by Female Subordinate for Sexual HarassmentMSNEntertainment 7/12/2014 3:24:00 PM
- Cory Monteith's Father Looks Back on Anniversary of His Son's DeathMSNEntertainment 7/12/2014 3:09:00 PM
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Internet Cancellation Hoax Outrages FansMSNEntertainment 7/12/2014 2:54:00 PM
- LeAnn Rimes and Eddie Cibrian jump into reality TVMSNEntertainment 7/12/2014 2:50:32 PM
- Hulu Inks Exclusive Deal to Stream Entire 'South Park' Library, Renews 'E
By Wonderwall Editors
Scarlett Johansson addressed the issue of privacy for celebrities in an interview with CNN that aired Saturday. Although she avoided mentioning the nude photos that were hacked and leaked from her cell phone recently, the intrusion was clearly the subject of discussion.
RELATED: Romance Rumor du Jour: Scarlett Johansson and Bradley Cooper's 'Flirty' Night Out
"Who doesn't want to protect their own privacy?," the actress said. "Just because you're in the spotlight or just because you're an actor or make films doesn't mean that you're not entitled to your own personal privacy.
She continued: "No matter what the context, when that is sieged in some way it feels unjust, it feels wrong. I've gotten that response from many people that I've met now. They say, 'how do you deal with the invasion of privacy?' I don't know. To me it's an adjustment. There are certainly instances I think where you give a lot of yourself, finally you just kind of put your foot down and say 'wait, I'm taking it back.'"
Johansson, who is also an Oxfam ambassador, also visited drought-stricken areas in the Horn of Africa the last week.
"This is a long-term and escalating crisis exacerbated by political conflict, famine and drought that can no longer be ignored, she said in a statement. "Over half the Somalis that have died are children; an entire generation lost. This is no longer an issue that can only garner some attention, some of the time. Extreme action must be taken by the global community now."
Star Inspired Ink
From Ryan Cabrera to Megan Fox, see celebs who've gotten tattoos of other stars.Watch Video »
From Sofia Vergara to Zac Efron, check out who's coupling up on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
See some of the many revealing looks that Kim Kardashian has donned recently.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez brings the glam while spending time with her fam at Paris Fashion Week on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of the cutest celeb baby bumps hitting the beach this summer.Watch Video »
Get the scoop about the troubled star on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTDad Duty
From Crowd Ignite