Scarlett Johansson on nude photo leak: 'It feels unjust'
- Photo: Antonio Calanni/Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: FSN-B/Retna Ltd.2 of 16
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/VF11/WireImage3 of 16
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage.com4 of 16
- Photo: DDAA/ZOB/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: JG3/ZJE/WENN6 of 16
- Photo: D&G/Promotional7 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP8 of 16
- Photo: BT1/WENN9 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP10 of 16
- Photo: NC1/WENN11 of 16
- Photo: Pierre/Stephane/Bauer-Griffin12 of 16
- Photo: Carlo Allegri/Invision/AP13 of 16
- Photo: Promotional14 of 16
- Photo: Alex Brandon/Invision/AP15 of 16
More Celeb News
- 'Orange Is the New Black' to Bring Lori Petty Back for Season 3MSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 12:22:00 PM
- Stacy Keibler Gives Birth to a Baby Girl!MSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 11:55:00 AM
- David Oyelowo is Martin Luther King, Jr. in First 'Selma' Pics (Photos)MSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 11:37:00 AM
- How Choreography Lifted a Mother and Son 'Off Ground': TheWrap's ShortlisMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 11:19:00 AM
- Man charged in biting attack at LollapaloozaMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 10:30:42 AM
- 'Orange Is the New Black' to Bring Lori Petty Back for Season 3
By Wonderwall Editors
Scarlett Johansson addressed the issue of privacy for celebrities in an interview with CNN that aired Saturday. Although she avoided mentioning the nude photos that were hacked and leaked from her cell phone recently, the intrusion was clearly the subject of discussion.
RELATED: Romance Rumor du Jour: Scarlett Johansson and Bradley Cooper's 'Flirty' Night Out
"Who doesn't want to protect their own privacy?," the actress said. "Just because you're in the spotlight or just because you're an actor or make films doesn't mean that you're not entitled to your own personal privacy.
She continued: "No matter what the context, when that is sieged in some way it feels unjust, it feels wrong. I've gotten that response from many people that I've met now. They say, 'how do you deal with the invasion of privacy?' I don't know. To me it's an adjustment. There are certainly instances I think where you give a lot of yourself, finally you just kind of put your foot down and say 'wait, I'm taking it back.'"
Johansson, who is also an Oxfam ambassador, also visited drought-stricken areas in the Horn of Africa the last week.
"This is a long-term and escalating crisis exacerbated by political conflict, famine and drought that can no longer be ignored, she said in a statement. "Over half the Somalis that have died are children; an entire generation lost. This is no longer an issue that can only garner some attention, some of the time. Extreme action must be taken by the global community now."
Check out the sweet shots Jaime King, Mario Lopez, Snooki and more stars shared of their babies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out the many sexy bikinis Jessica Alba has rocked over the years.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBare Beauties
From Crowd Ignite