Scarlett Johansson on nude photo leak: 'It feels unjust'
- Photo: Antonio Calanni/Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: FSN-B/Retna Ltd.2 of 16
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/VF11/WireImage3 of 16
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage.com4 of 16
- Photo: DDAA/ZOB/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: JG3/ZJE/WENN6 of 16
- Photo: D&G/Promotional7 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP8 of 16
- Photo: BT1/WENN9 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP10 of 16
- Photo: NC1/WENN11 of 16
- Photo: Pierre/Stephane/Bauer-Griffin12 of 16
- Photo: Carlo Allegri/Invision/AP13 of 16
- Photo: Promotional14 of 16
- Photo: Alex Brandon/Invision/AP15 of 16
More Celeb News
- 'Halo' makers shed light on live-action seriesMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 3:48:47 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 6:22 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 3:22:52 PM
- Made in America music festival rocks Los AngelesMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 3:22:43 PM
- 'Escape From New York' Reboot Following 'Group' Thinking of &MSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 3:20:00 PM
- Joan Rivers Has Been Put on Life SupportMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 3:06:00 PM
- 'Halo' makers shed light on live-action series
By Wonderwall Editors
Scarlett Johansson addressed the issue of privacy for celebrities in an interview with CNN that aired Saturday. Although she avoided mentioning the nude photos that were hacked and leaked from her cell phone recently, the intrusion was clearly the subject of discussion.
RELATED: Romance Rumor du Jour: Scarlett Johansson and Bradley Cooper's 'Flirty' Night Out
"Who doesn't want to protect their own privacy?," the actress said. "Just because you're in the spotlight or just because you're an actor or make films doesn't mean that you're not entitled to your own personal privacy.
She continued: "No matter what the context, when that is sieged in some way it feels unjust, it feels wrong. I've gotten that response from many people that I've met now. They say, 'how do you deal with the invasion of privacy?' I don't know. To me it's an adjustment. There are certainly instances I think where you give a lot of yourself, finally you just kind of put your foot down and say 'wait, I'm taking it back.'"
Johansson, who is also an Oxfam ambassador, also visited drought-stricken areas in the Horn of Africa the last week.
"This is a long-term and escalating crisis exacerbated by political conflict, famine and drought that can no longer be ignored, she said in a statement. "Over half the Somalis that have died are children; an entire generation lost. This is no longer an issue that can only garner some attention, some of the time. Extreme action must be taken by the global community now."
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Her Little Pony
Check out Khloe Kardashian, Kaley Cuoco and more stars who ride horses on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Get Mariah and Nick's marital woe breakdown on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVenice Film Fest
From Crowd Ignite