Scarlett Johansson, Ryan Reynolds Split
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com1 of 9
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com2 of 9
- Photo: Invision/AP3 of 9
- Photo: Eddie Mejia/Splash News4 of 9
- Photo: JLM/Splash News5 of 9
- Photo: Denis Poroy/Invision/AP6 of 9
- Photo: Tuukka Jantti/Pacific Coast News7 of 9
- Photo: Paul Hennessy/Splash News8 of 9
More Celeb News
- History's 'Vikings' Season 2 Teasers Show the Sexy Side of Scandinavia (VMSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 5:04:49 PM
- 'Hours' Review: Paul Walker Says Adieu With One of His Strongest PerformancesMSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 4:45:39 PM
- Jason Segel to Play David Foster Wallace Opposite Jesse Eisenberg in 'The End of the Tour&aMSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 4:14:00 PM
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 7:12 p.m. ESTMSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 4:10:40 PM
- Frank Grillo Steps Into a Lead Role With 'The Purge' SequelMSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 3:52:19 PM
- History's 'Vikings' Season 2 Teasers Show the Sexy Side of Scandinavia (V
The couple later released the following statement: "After long and careful consideration on both our parts, we've decided to end our marriage. We entered our relationship with love and it's with love and kindness we leave it. While privacy isn't expected, it's certainly appreciated."
"They are being very civil about it," Us magazine's source says, noting that the spouses separated about two weeks ago.
Johansson, 26, began dating Reynolds, 34, in 2007. The stars announced their engagement in May 2008 and tied the knot that September in a remote wilderness retreat in Vancouver, B.C.
The source explains that "Iron Man 2" star Johansson initiated the split. At issue? "The big problem with their relationship is the distance," says the source. "They spent a lot of time apart when they are working...She's been unhappy for a while."
Johansson told Glamour last year that she's no expert on relationships. "I don't profess to know anything about marriage that anybody else doesn't know, or how to make it right," she told the mag.
"Green Lantern" star Reynolds, meanwhile, admitted in the October issue of GQ that things had "changed" since they got married. "I'm a little more guarded, I think," he said. "I'm a little bit more wary of having my relationship turned into a soap opera."
Still, he gushed at the time that marriage was the "best part" of his life.
More on Wonderwall:
More on Usmagazine.com:
Like us on Facebook?
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite