Scarlett Johansson "Screaming" on Phone Days Before Split Announced
- Photo: Target/Fame Pictures1 of 6
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com2 of 6
- Photo: Greg Tidwell/Pacific Coast News3 of 6
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP4 of 6
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage.com5 of 6
More Celeb News
- R. Kelly Performs Song He Wrote for Nelson Mandela on 'Arsenio' (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 5:09:35 PM
- 'The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug' Review: Peter Jackson's Second VersMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 5:03:45 PM
- Fox Sports 1 Scores Best Ratings Week Since August LaunchMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 4:44:04 PM
- New York Post Settles Racial and Sexual Discrimination LawsuitMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 4:30:51 PM
- 'American Hustle' Cast To Be Honored by Palm Springs FestMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 4:20:58 PM
- R. Kelly Performs Song He Wrote for Nelson Mandela on 'Arsenio' (Video)
Tough, tense times for Scarlett Johansson.
On Friday Dec. 10 -- four days before she and Ryan Reynolds confirmed their split -- a witness spotted the actress, 26, storm angrily into the Manhattan apartment building where she and Reynolds lived.
Wearing a baseball cap, Johansson looked "miserable," the observer tells the new Us Weekly.
"She was screaming into her phone, referring to someone as a 'jerk.' She looked really pissed off."
It's unclear who was on the other line sparring with the Iron Man 2 star, but both Johansson and Reynolds, 34, are licking their wounds following the demise of their 2-year marriage.
"Scarlett has been unhappy for a while and wanted the separation," a source tells Us, explaining that the couple's busy film schedules kept them apart for too long.
For now, Johansson has the support of her friends -- and lots of sun and surf. She was photographed kicking back with pals in Jamaica on Wednesday.
Read more about the week's most talked-about split in the new Us Weekly, out now.
More on Wonderwall:
More from UsWeekly:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTFashion Offenders
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite