Scarlett Johansson's Mom Adopts a Baby Girl
- Photo: Patricia Schlein/WENN1 of 11
- Photo: Jody Cortes/WENN2 of 11
- Photo: Gene Young/Splash News3 of 11
- Photo: Walter McBride/Retna Ltd.4 of 11
- Photo: Walter McBride/Retna Ltd.5 of 11
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com6 of 11
- Photo: Paramount Pictures/Promotional7 of 11
- Photo: Paramount Pictures8 of 11
- Photo: Miguel Villagran/Invision/AP9 of 11
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Billy Crystal to Present Robin Williams Tribute at EmmysMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 9:30:00 AM
- 'Masters of Sex,' 'Ray Donovan' Renewed by ShowtimeMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 9:30:00 AM
- Vanity Fair Oscar Party 2015 Is Looking for New HomeMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 9:20:00 AM
- George Takei's Husband and Career Architect Finally Gets His Time to ShineMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 9:04:00 AM
- Jennifer Aniston, Jon Hamm and Will Ferrell Headlining 'Stand Up to Cancer' TelecaMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 8:49:00 AM
- Billy Crystal to Present Robin Williams Tribute at Emmys
"Iron Man 2" premiere because she was en route to the African country to pick up her daughter, Fenan, who is 19 to 20 months old. (Johansson also has a older brother, Adrian, a twin brother, Hunter, and an older half-brother, Christian, from her father's first marriage.)
Sloan was stranded in Germany for several days while traveling to Ethiopia because of the volcano ash cloud."The volcano put the whole adoption process in jeopardy due to time constraints," a source tells Us. "But it worked out in the end."
A rep for Johansson, 25, had no comment. The actress and husband Ryan Reynolds, 33, may soon be following in Sloan's footsteps.
"I have every intention of adopting at some time," Reynolds -- whose older brother is adopted -- told UK Glamour last summer. "I'm very grateful for having my brother in my life. I couldn't be more pro-adoption. There are plenty of kids in the world that need it."
More on Us Weekly:
More on Wonderwall:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSassy Single
From Crowd Ignite