Scout Willis gets community service in New York case
- Photo: SK4/WENN1 of 4
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage2 of 4
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage.com3 of 4
More Celeb News
- Warner Bros. Eyes Ryan Gosling, Russell Crowe Noir Movie 'The Nice Guys'MSNEntertainment 7/10/2014 4:40:00 PM
- Gary Oldman in Talks to Join Kevin Costner in Ariel Vroman's 'Criminal'MSNEntertainment 7/10/2014 4:36:00 PM
- 'Getting On' Creators Credit HBO Go for Staying on the AirMSNEntertainment 7/10/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Jon Daly Joins Zach Galifianakis, Kristen Wiig in Armored Car Heist ComedyMSNEntertainment 7/10/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Fox Announces Premiere Dates for Gotham, Brooklyn Nine-Nine and MoreMSNEntertainment 7/10/2014 3:59:00 PM
- Warner Bros. Eyes Ryan Gosling, Russell Crowe Noir Movie 'The Nice Guys'
NEW YORK (AP) -- Scout Willis, the daughter of Demi Moore and Bruce Willis, can do community service to resolve her public-drinking and fake-ID case, a judge said Tuesday.
Willis, who is now 21, was excused from court as a Manhattan judge agreed to dismiss her misdemeanor case if she does two days of service.
She didn't have to enter a plea in the case, which took a curious detour into the Pakistani beer industry.
Her lawyer, Stacey Richman, said prosecutors "took a logical approach to assessing the situation."
The Manhattan district attorney's office declined to comment. The arrangement in Willis' case, technically known as an adjournment in contemplation of dismissal, is often offered to defendants in first-time misdemeanor cases.
RELATED: Celeb Mug Shots
The Brown University student was arrested June 4. A court complaint said she was sipping an eight-ounce can of "Pakistani beer" in Manhattan's Union Square in violation of an open-container law.
Willis, who was then 20, also gave police an ID with the name Katherine Kelly before ultimately showing her real ID, according to a criminal complaint. Those allegations led to a misdemeanor impersonation charge.
Richman took aim at the charges in court papers earlier this month, saying she had contacted Pakistan's sole brewery and found it didn't make an eight-ounce can of any alcoholic beverage and didn't have permission to export products to the United States. The case was resolved before prosecutors responded.
Willis is the second of her actor parents' three daughters together. The couple divorced in 2000.
Scout Willis is pursuing a career in music while studying and pursuing various extracurricular activities at Brown, Richman said in her court papers.
Reese Witherspoon shares photos of her burgeoning friendship with Sofia Vergara on Instagram on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Rihanna shows her softer, sweeter side -- plus a newfound maternal instinct! -- on Twitter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See some of the many revealing looks that Kim Kardashian has donned recently.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of the cutest celeb baby bumps hitting the beach this summer.Watch Video »
From Benji Madden and Cameron Diaz to Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon, take a look at some of Hollywood's strangest couples.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBoob Job?
From Crowd Ignite