Selena Gomez at home during 'swatting' scare
- Photo: PH3/HSS/WENN1 of 16
- Photo: Wolf/NPG2 of 16
- Photo: JXF/JXH/WENN3 of 16
- Photo: WOLF/NPG4 of 16
- Photo: WOLF/NPG5 of 16
- Photo: WOLF/NPG6 of 16
- Photo: Diane Cohen/Fame Flynet7 of 16
- Photo: Fame Flynet8 of 16
- Photo: Fame Flynet9 of 16
- Photo: Fame Flynet10 of 16
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP11 of 16
- Photo: Jack Plunkett/Invision/AP12 of 16
- Photo: KB4/WENN13 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage14 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Grammy Awards Nominees: 10 Biggest Snubs and Surprises From Bruno Mars to Lady GagaMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 10:49:04 PM
- 'Swerve' Review: Jason Clarke Gives This Humdrum Noir Its Only ZingMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 10:15:18 PM
- Egyptian Documentary 'The Square' Wins Top IDA AwardMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 10:09:27 PM
- #ICYMI: Pop Culture's Craziest This Week- Ron Burgundy, Kardashian Christmas, 'SouMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 9:49:27 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: 'The Book Thief' Star Geoffrey Rush Heaps Praise on Co-SMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 9:11:18 PM
- Grammy Awards Nominees: 10 Biggest Snubs and Surprises From Bruno Mars to Lady Gaga
Actress/singer Selena Gomez and her mother were left stunned when police swarmed their Los Angeles home on Friday in response to an apparent prank call.
RELATED: Celebs without makeup
The "Spring Breakers" star became the latest victim of a "swatting" hoax, in which callers phone 911 dispatchers to elicit an urgent response from authorities.
According to TMZ.com, Gomez's "swatter" told emergency services the star's father had killed her mother with a gun before threatening to burn the house down, but the 20-year-old and her mother Mandy Teefey were unaware of the fake crime and "had no idea" why cops arrived at their door.
RELATED: Twitpics: Young Hollywood edition
The scare came just two hours after officers rushed to Justin Timberlake's home to investigate a 911 call.
Gomez's ex-boyfriend Justin Bieber, as well as Paris Hilton, Tom Cruise, Clint Eastwood and Ashton Kutcher are among the stars who have fallen victim to “swatting” in recent months.
Carrie Underwood tweets about her "Sound of Music" experience on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
See how Kim Kardashian, Fergie, Duchess Kate and more celebs look now that they've lost their pregnancy weight.Watch Video »
Girls Night Out
It's a girls night out for celebs like Jennifer Lopez, Khloe Kardashian, Leah Remini, Brooklyn Decker, and more on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHollywood Love?
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite