Selena Gomez on Playing Anastasia in Fifty Shades of Grey: 'It Would Be Too Much'
- Photo: ALBERT MICHAEL/StarTraks1 of 16
- Photo: BJJ/Fame Flynet2 of 16
- Photo: Dominic Chan/WENN3 of 16
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP4 of 16
- Photo: © Alexander Michael/Retna Ltd.5 of 16
- Photo: GRPR/GSI6 of 16
- Photo: @selenagomez/Twitter7 of 16
- Photo: Miguel Aguilar/Bruja/PacificCoastNews.com8 of 16
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP9 of 16
- Photo: @selenagomez/Twitter10 of 16
- Photo: ALBERT MICHAEL/StarTraks11 of 16
- Photo: .12 of 16
- Photo: Jason Redmond/Invision/AP13 of 16
- Photo: Fame Flynet14 of 16
- Photo: K Mazur/TCA 2008/WireImage15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Cheryl Cole Reunites With Simon Cowell for 'X Factor' UKMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:34:00 PM
- Fox Reorganizes Development and Programming DepartmentsMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Dan Harmon and Mitch Hurwitz Are Working on a Super-Secret ProjectMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:28:00 PM
- Sean Combs Bids Reported $200 Million for Fuse TV NetworkMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:12:00 PM
- Psych's James Roday to Star in CBS Relationship Comedy PilotMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:07:00 PM
- Cheryl Cole Reunites With Simon Cowell for 'X Factor' UK
Selena Gomez's "Fifty Shades of Grey" spoof (titled "Fifty Shades of Blue") is about as involved as the former Disney star will get in regards to the best-selling erotic trilogy.
When asked by MTV News if she would ever play the series' female protagonist Anastasia Steele, the "Wizards of Waverly Place" alum didn't exactly jump on the possibility.
"I know I'm taking risks but I don't think I could do that," the 19-year-old "Spring Breakers" actress said. "That would be a little too much for me." (Get details on Gomez's raciest on-screen role yet.)
The steamy, BDSM scenes and explicit plot lines in "Fifty Shades" have made it one of the best-selling books around the world, selling 10 million copies to date. This past March, Universal Pictures had secured the deal to adapt the trilogy for the big screen and immediately many actors expressed an interest in taking on the roles.
"I think every girl on the carpet wants to play [Anastasia Steele]," "Pretty Little Liars" star Lucy Hale told Celebuzz on June 3. "That would be freaking awesome. I'm really curious to see how they're going to turn it into a film."
In April, "Vampire Diaries" actor Ian Somerhalder addressed portraying the S&M loving, male protagonist, Christian Grey.
"I absolutely would be up for that. It could be very, very amazing," the blue-eyed hunk told Ryan Seacrest. "I have the book and I just started reading it. That would be a pretty incredible thing, and hopefully that could pan out."
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Selena Gomez on Playing Anastasia in Fifty Shades of Grey: "It Would Be Too Much"
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Oscar nominee Lupita Nyong’o shares her awards season journey (and meetings with Oprah, Sidney Poitier and the Dalai Lama!) on Celebs Gone SocialWatch Video »
Nicole Richie debuts a lavender hair color on Instagram on Celebs Gone Social. What does Kelly Osbourne have to do with it?Watch Video »
Drunk In Love
Jessica Simpon, Gisele Bundchen and more celebs share intimate pics of their partners on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
Check out Jennifer Lawrence's best red-carpet looks from over the years.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite