Selena Gomez to put music on hold, will pursue more acting
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP1 of 11
- Photo: R Chiang/Splash News2 of 11
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage3 of 11
- Photo: MICHAEL SIMON/StarTraks4 of 11
- Photo: Thibault Monnier/Jeff Steinberg/PacificCoastNews.com5 of 11
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage6 of 11
- Photo: BILL DAVILA/StarTraks7 of 11
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP8 of 11
- Photo: Marcus Golejewski/Future Image/WENN9 of 11
- Photo: Saleem Elatab/Splash News10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Entertainment One Developing Bible-Mafia Drama Mashup 'King David'MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 5:12:35 PM
- 'Law & Order: SVU' Star Dann Florek Exits ShowMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 4:33:02 PM
- 'Blue Jasmine' Will Be Back in 300 Theaters After Cate Blanchett's AwardsMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 3:54:06 PM
- NBC's 'The Sound of Music Live' to Re-Air on SaturdayMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 3:32:51 PM
- 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' Mama Joyce Rampage Earns Season-High RatingsMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 3:32:22 PM
- Entertainment One Developing Bible-Mafia Drama Mashup 'King David'
"I'm a woman so I change my mind all the time," she said during a press conference for her latest film "Getaway" on Aug. 21. "One day I want to do acting and just that, and then other times I just want to do music and just that, so it changes."
She revealed: "But this is my last record for a while. I'm going to tour it and then I'm going to just kind of get into acting for a really long period of time, hopefully."
The "Come & Get It" performer first broke out in Disney's "Wizards of Waverly Place" from 2007 to 2012 before heading to the big screen in projects like 2010's "Ramona and Beezus" and "Monte Carlo" in 2011. She took it a step further in 2012's "Spring Breakers," showing a much edgier side to her young fans.
"I've been wanting to do different things starting with 'Spring Breakers'," she explained. "I wanted to do an action movie [like 'Getaway']." She added: "I got to dye my hair black, it just gave me an opportunity to kind of be someone else."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
Former "Housewife" Lydia McLaughlin dishes about leaving the "RHOC," her stance on plastic surgery and more!Watch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Kylie Jenner, see some of Hollywood's newest romances on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHoliday Spirit
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite